1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Snowboard/Ski Resorts

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by spaghettiedy, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:39 AM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
    What's everyone's favorite local board/ski resort? I know that there's people all over the on this forum, and I want to get a feel of what people like in there area. If you have vacationed at another, and love it too; please let everyone know that one as well.

My favorite local resort is Seven Springs, which is located about 45 min. south of Pittsburgh.

2. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM
    SKIAK

SKIAK Bright as Alaska in December...

Member:
    Fairbanks, AK
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5
    Grew up in the Bitterroot Valley in Montana, Lost Trail Powder Mountain! Haven't been there in years, I've heard they haven't gotten much snow the past few. As far as closer to home, Alyeska Resort (by Anchorage) is the best in the state but Ski Land is my favorite closer to Fairbanks.

3. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:56 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I spent a LOT of weekends at Killington in VT during college. Had a season pass and some cold weather camping gear...or a hotel room depending on the mood.

It's been a good three years since I had my gear out to shred snow.

4. Dec 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    I am a big fan of Fernie Ski Resort, in Fernie, B.C..

5. Dec 10, 2008 at 12:17 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    When I was in New Mexico my favorite places were Angel Fire, NM and Wolf Creek, CO. Now that I am in Alaska I will be hitting up the Alyeska Resort. Favorite place I have ever been to would have to be Keystone Resort in Colorado.

6. Dec 10, 2008 at 12:25 PM
    brockw22

brockw22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Johnson City, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab Sport Tacoma
    Im from East TN, and I love going to sugar mountain, and appalachian mountain too. App has a really good terrain park. Sugar is good for mountain riding. Beech Mountain is alright...I have not been there this year, but I hear they have a new terrain park. All of them are located in western NC. I have been to winter place, WVA it was ok, but if you have the chance I would highly recommend going to snoeshoe instead. they are only a few hours apart. red lodge, MT is really good. also steamboat springs, CO. if you ever have the chance to go to either one of them be sure and go!

7. Dec 10, 2008 at 12:35 PM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
    Yeah, the fiancee and I are planning a trip to Snowshoe this year. I really want to go out west, but the funds won't be there till next year.

8. Dec 10, 2008 at 12:44 PM
    brockw22

brockw22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Johnson City, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab Sport Tacoma

I got lucky and my dad took me out there. Yea im going to snowshoe this monday. I cant wait.:D

9. Dec 10, 2008 at 12:45 PM
    Demoncleaner

Demoncleaner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    05 Dcab 6spd 4x4 TRD Sport w/Tow
    TRD exhaust Homemade bed mat & bed extender, front Drings, Short clutch throw, Summer: Stock 17's Winter: Blizzaks on 16' black steelies
    Whoever gets the pow and has a ticket deal gets my business, otherwise hike it. I've hit more places than I can count across NY, PA, VT, NH, and ME and about 10 in CO. But I still like hitting my old stopping ground where I had a pass for 15 yrs. Snow Ridge.

While only 500ft of vert, tix are still dirt cheap, and most of all drowning in 250-350 inches of some of the driest snow on the east coast... lake effect right off Lake Ontario.

10. Dec 10, 2008 at 12:59 PM
    taconinja

taconinja Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    08 Base 4X4
    Aww, I'm flattered. We do our best with the little hill we've got. The night life is great (Goggle/Matterhorn/White Mountain), snowsports school and ski patrol are among the best, and the food always ranks well!

Snowshoe is a great resort, too. I loved Mont Tremblant as a guys group getaway of mischief and mayhem. The skiing at Jackson Hole is one of a kind. I look forward to my Tacom road trips to Jay Peak, VT and another to Utah this coming season.

11. Dec 10, 2008 at 4:37 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Season's Pass to Killington? Thats pretty sweet. The local colleges get passes way cheap around here, there is a 3 mountain deal (jay, Smugglers Notch & Bolton Valley).

I have a season's pass to Bolton Valley. Military discount is 50% off no restrictions.

12. Dec 10, 2008 at 5:26 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    Local Resorts: Vail, Beaver Creek, Copper Mountain, and I guess Steamboat's not too far. Vail's my favorite because of all the terrain, but Beaver Creek is fun too.

Telemark Setup: K2 Anti Piste 188's with Black Diamond 02 Bindings
    Snowboard Setup: Unity Pride w/ Drake Podium Bindings

13. Dec 10, 2008 at 5:58 PM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Sugar Mtn in west NC, Yea it sucks but its the best i got. Going back to Frisco/Dillon area in February for some good snow.

14. Dec 10, 2008 at 6:28 PM
    mkerros

mkerros Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    jacksonville florida
    Vehicle:
    06 d/cab long bed
    Well I think my favorite spot to snow board was mt hakkoda in japan. Some of the best snow boarding I have ever done was there. But back home we really only have one place and thats spirit mt in duluth mn but from what im used to in japan thats more of a small bunny hill than anything now but you gotta make due with what you get

15. Dec 10, 2008 at 6:29 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Mammoth!

Oh, and Whistler in Canada of course. :D

Local = Big Bear

16. Dec 10, 2008 at 7:09 PM
    dtrujillo63

dtrujillo63 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denny
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport
    If we are taking about local resorts then Bear Mt for sure. A little farther out.... Mammoth, North Star Tahoe, Kirk Wood.

17. Dec 10, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mount Washington and Whistler!

18. Dec 10, 2008 at 7:21 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    Definately Fernie as I am about 1/2 an hour away back home. A lot of good times in Kimberly as well though!

19. Dec 10, 2008 at 7:24 PM
    e-rok

e-rok Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gunnison, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2009 Timberland Mica Double Cab Tacoma 4x4
    I live just outside Crested Butte, awesome mountain. This is my 18th year in a row with a season pass and I never get tired of that mountain, a bit out of the way but highly recommended!!
    www.skicb.com

20. Dec 10, 2008 at 10:12 PM
    flyby08

flyby08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    san francisco
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 short bed
    TRD Catback exhaust, Topdeck tonnaeu cover, locking gas cap, all weather floor mats, Pop-n-lock tailgate, painted black rims, volant CAI with RAM air scoop, 10" MTX thunder sub with 2ch amp, Alpine SPS-609 and 600, Pioneer AVHP-3200BT HU
    One of my favorite places is Homewood Tahoe CA. Nothing like boarding in early March in 45-50 on a bright day over looking the lake. But I DEFINITELY want to see if I hit either Utah or Colorado next year, just don't know where to go.

Products Discussed in

To Top