1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SnugTop Super Sport - remote keyless option questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rayap, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Apr 30, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    rayap

rayap [OP] New Member

Member:
    I was very, very fortunate to find a SnugTop Super Sport camper shell for my '06 longbed DC Taco. Same size, same color, perfect fit!! It was indeed my lucky day!!

It has SnugTop's EZ Open lock which fits flush with the door, has no handles and pops the cap's tailgate open when the key is inserted and turned. The cap's tailgate is spring loaded and turning the key causes it to pop out an inch or so and then I manually open it the rest of the way. There is no T-handle or anything to turn other than the just the key.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The camper shell originally had SnugTop's optional remote keyless entry system. It came with a remote key and some of the electronics for the remote keyless entry. A black junction box in the ceiling with red/black 12V wires going in and blue/green wires coming out but connected to nothing. I suspect the blue/green is for an actuator (now missing) that connects to the lock mechanism. Pressing the key remote would trigger the actuator to unlock the cap's tailgate just like doing it manually with the key. Pics show the electronics inside the junction box to be a relay, 2 inline fuses and a remote receiver with red push button.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What I would like to do is to get the remote keyless option working again. Does anybody have a Snugtop with the "factory" remote keyless option installed? I would love to know what the original actuator (model, part number?) used and how it is all connected up. Is the red push button for programming the remote key? How? Is there any SnugTop documentation that explains programming the remote keyless option.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

2. May 3, 2011 at 5:56 AM
    rayap

rayap [OP] New Member

Member:
    any help would be appreciated.
    thx.

3. Jun 14, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    jimmyb

jimmyb New Member

Member:

Products Discussed in

To Top