1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So I bought a Tacoma.....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by brian2010, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Apr 2, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    brian2010

brian2010 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4X4 Double Cab Long Bed
    Scanguage.....i'm working on more lol
    Ok, after years of delay...i finally got a new 2010 Double Cab, Timberland Mica, TRD Sport, long bed Tacoma.
    Now that I have it.....some things need to be altered.
    First, I want to lift it 3''. I hear if I lift it any more than 3'' then it could void the warranty. I am going through the dealer just to ensure my warranty is still good after this.
    Second, I like the blacked-out KMC wheels. Haven't decided on which one i like the best though. After I replace the wheels, I will have some 2010 17'' Tacoma wheels with tires for sale......if anyone is interested.
    I am also a big fan of the Westin Bull Bar, which i think i will have to add.
    After all this I think i am going to need some Nerf bars. I like the Westin product line, but i am still open to debate on that.

Any suggestions?

2. Apr 2, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    not too firmiliar with the weather down in the states, but y dont u keep the stock wheels for winter rims?

3. Apr 2, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Welcome from VA and congrats on the buy, most people will say stay away from bullbars here as they lessen your ground clearance, only way to void ur warranty is if the problem ur having is from the parts that were installed, and since suspension parts are wear items theres nothing to void (my understanding). should be able to sell the wheels and tires fairly quickly theres a few posts on here that u can check out to get a price range. and plenty of kmc wheels on members truck to check out....
    good luck

4. Apr 2, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Welcome to TW. Congrats on the new truck!

5. Apr 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    brian2010

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    VA
    Vehicle:
    so what your saying is I should go for a 6'' lift then? So am i better off going with a stock skid plate? How much do the skid plates interfear with brush-guards, light bars, etc?

6. Apr 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    brian2010

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    VA
    Vehicle:
    ok....so i am settled for sure on the coilovers for the front and custom leafpacks for the rear to get a total of 3'' of lift. Now i need to do a little more digging on here for the brands that I should be going with. Looking to retain at least a little ride quality here. I do not anticipate overloading the bed too much, just trips to lowes for lumber and what not for home repair, etc.
    Now i hear people talking about needing UCA's and wearing out the CV with a 3'' lift. I know that the replacement of the UCA corrects for the alignment issues...how do i correct for the CV problem?

7. Apr 6, 2010 at 9:18 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    A lift can not void your warranty. Mangoosen-Moss Act makes it illegal. The only thing that can be voided is if it can be proven your aftermarket parts/modifications caused the failure. Obviously, Toyota won't warranty the aftermarket parts either.

As for armor, there's a lot of good ones out there. Check out AllPro (what I'm getting in the mail in a few days myself), BudBuilt, CBI, ect. There is also a group buy on some skid plates right now, check it out.

As for front bull bars, personally I don't care for them I prefer a full out bumper like AllPro or CBI... but that's my personal pref.

Most of all congrats on the new truck and enjoy whatever mods you do!

8. Apr 6, 2010 at 9:19 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    Congrats on the new ride :headbang:

9. Apr 7, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    brian2010

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    VA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys. I will enjoy the mods once i can figure out what i want to buy. this is the hardest part.

Products Discussed in

To Top