1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So many freakin' wires!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ToyComa92, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Mar 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    So i am in the process of getting ready to install a Pioneer AVH4400BH double din head unit. I have the Steering wheel interface and the PAC TATO adapter... I have so many wires! Im super confused with the wires... I know im being vague but has anyone done an install with both the steering wheel adapter and the PAC tato for the JBL system? How serious of an install is this going to be, Im really close to just calling it and taking to Car toys or quality auto and having them install it.

Any insight, tips... Anything that will help me wrap my head around which wire harnesses go where and all that would be greatly appreciated!

2. Mar 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    It's not that bad.... wiring up the SWI is going to be the most confusing...

First suggestion.... go get a soldering iron... this will keep you from having to cut wires shorter if you make a mistake or if you need to add a wire into something that you already connected...

Second, wire up the radio and TATO adaptor and get the radio working first. Once you've got that done, then worry about the SWI. The SWI really is just 3 wires to connect, plus a resistor - figuring out the right resistor is the hardest part IMO

Products Discussed in

To Top