1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So you call yourself a 4wheeler?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by JimBeam, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Mar 23, 2009 at 10:05 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam [OP] BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Cut and Pasted from NC4x4...a little "in your face" but it gets the point across well i think

Ok, so you call yourself a 4 wheeler, eh? Well, there are ten rules you need to know about organized 4 wheeling. Some of us have lost our patience with yokels who REPEATEDLY show up ill-prepared, and that leads us to think that they have no consideration for anyone but themselves. So, you’ll need to read this carefully, and we’ll be able to tell by the expression on your face whether or not you recognize someone here. However, before you get to the rules, here are some mandatory bits of knowledge you will need to retain in order to comprehend the rules:

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]A 4 wheel drive will NOT go everywhere.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The only green that interests the Sierra Club is your money.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The Wilderness Society is a group example of what a lack of birth control can produce.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Consumer Reports is no more qualified to rate 4 wheel drives than Al Gore is qualified to perform brain surgery. (What the hell IS Al Gore qualified to do?)

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Al Gore is a prime example of saving the wrong end of the umbilical cord.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ted Kennedy is only qualified to tend bar. And don’t ride home with him, especially if it involves passing by a pond.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Dead cow on the seats lends an air of rustic adventurism only in the tiny minds of Madison Avenue.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Roof racks and light bars, no matter how appealing they may be to teenie boppers with 4WD’s, do not belong where there are trees.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Chrome on a 4WD tells the world you’re a road pansy.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Real 4WDs and purebred non-working dogs do not go together. (See Land Rover Discovery, Range Rover, Mercedes, and Dead Cow)

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]A Land Cruiser is NOT a Jeep. Let us bow our heads and give thanks.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Toyota. Everything was going great and then came the IFS.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Tacoma. A neutered Hi-Lux. In the rest of the world it has a real front axle.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Lexus 450. A neutered Land Cruiser.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]A BMW X5 is NOT an off-road vehicle.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Same can be said for that Mercedes soccer mom thingie.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ford. A place for arrogant morons to get jobs as service writers. When the warranty ends, they can suddenly fix it for lots of money.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ford F-series. Great Diesel (because they don’t make it), bad automatic, and can you believe they think a Dana 50 is adequate for a 7500 lb truck?

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ford Explorer. Not only is it not an off-road vehicle, it’s not a vehicle. It’s a test. At Ford, Job 1 is exploring your wallet.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ford Escape. Its only usefulness so far is that the Insurance Institute uses it for crash tests.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]An Isuzu Trooper is not an off-road vehicle either, but it is reliable. You’ll need this to shuttle parts for your Jeep and maybe make a little money providing rides for Explorer owners.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Suzuki Samuri. Zucchini Somersault. You can build one helluva little woods machine outta these things.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Suzuki Sidekick and Vitara. Now then, tell me again what we were trying to build?

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Honda CRWhatever. If God had intended for Honda to build 4x4’s, he’d have given them more information. That’s why they sell relabled Rodeos.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Range Rover. A vehicle for people who don’t have to deal with reality. You can have a helluva 4WD for the price of a Range Rover. And think of the money you’ll save on manicures, Rolex watches, and smarmy Italian shoes, etc.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Mercedes Unimog. Big because it has to be big to haul that much testosterone.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Land Rover Discovery. A wannabe with some potential, but you can’t
    get it outta Park unless the wine and cheese cooler is stocked and the soccer balls are secured.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Hummer. The crate a TJ comes in. Neat crate. Beware the exploding t-case.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Jeep Wrangler TJ. Real 4WD potential if modified, but in stock form, the steering can’t be unlocked unless you’re under 25 and you’re wearing a ball cap in the low intelligence (stupid) position.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]There IS a bright spot with the demise of Oldsmobile: No more Bravadas.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Cadillac Escalade. A helluva lot of money to pay for a Tahoe.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ditto for a Navigator and an Expedition.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Chevrolet. What can you say about a company that refers to a Gov-Lock as a locking differential, calls an extended cab a “4 door”, and who doesn’t offer a 4WD with a real front axle. Love that small block, though.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]GMC. A Chevrolet by any other name is still a Chevrolet.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Suburban. Cargosaurus Soccermommius. Suburbosaurus. Big. Not for lower part of Trail 2.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Excursion. Humongosaurus Maximus. Also big. Also not for lower 2.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Dodge. Can you say “depreciation”? Dodges everything but a garage, especially with an auto trans behind that magnificent Cummins Diesel. At least it still has real AXLES.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Scout. That’s what you’ll be doing for parts.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]International. This describes where you’ll have to search for those parts.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Nissan Frontier. Leggos bodywork. Japanese for the phrase, “I couldn’t afford a Toyota.”

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Mitsubishi. Who cares?

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]KIA. Nice try, but you gotta be under 5’5” to get in it.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Hyundai. They shoulda stuck with the day job.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Infiniti. Let’s emasculate a Pathfinder by putting a funky grill and fake ground effect junk on it and we’ll charge 25% more for it.

Now then, if you’re a newbie and you’ve got the PROPER equipment but not the skills as yet, we‘ll fall all over ourselves helping you acquire them. Don’t know anything about 4 wheeling and want to learn? Well, hitch a ride with one of us and we’ll show you some of what this hobby is all about.

THE RULES

1[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]BRING SOMETHING THAT RUNS, FER GOD’S SAKE! (“But it looks real good.”) Do your maintenance at home, not on the trail. We don’t want to see unsafe, cobbled-up workmanship, bald and half-assed patched tires, no spare, fluid leaks, broken exhaust systems, ragged-running ignitions, choking-puking fuel systems, batteries secured with bungie straps, and no brakes. If you don’t think the thing will make it to the liquor store and back, much less to the next oil change (assuming that you even bother to check the oil, and that it will hold oil for more than 4 hours), then leave the damned thing at home. It’s one thing to break something while trail riding, but remember, we don’t go to the trouble and expense to organize and attend a trip to the woods just to work on your piece of crap.

2[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]SAFETY GEAR. (“We’re just goin’ a short ways down the road, we ain’t gonna be gone long, and it ain’t rainin’ thathard.”) A flashlight with GOOD batteries, gloves, a fire extinguisher, and a first aid kit. These and other items are REQUIRED in the federal OHV areas. You’ll need that flashlight because no 4 wheeling trip ends as early as you told the wife it would, and we 4WDers are notorious for being out way after dark, especially if you have to walk out for help. Gloves should be good work-rated gloves with leather in the palm and finger area. Ski gloves and gardening gloves are totally inadequate. Proper clothing IS safetygear. Rain gear and spare clothing appropriate to the season are necessary, especially if you get wet, cold, or have to walk out, or maybe stay overnight. Don’t be a stupid statistic just because you didn’t think you’d be gone that long. Oh, and any medications you might need are a must, too. We’re a long way from safety resources. When was the last time you saw an ambulance or fire truck on School Bus Hill? And did you know that the volunteer and professional rescue organizations are beginning to charge for services to people who get into costly rescue situations that could have been avoided?

3[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]SPARE TIRES, JACKS, TIRE TOOLS. (“We ain’t goin’ that far.”) These items are also required in the federal areas. The spare tire should be adequate for getting you home safely, not just outta the woods. Make sure it’s adequate in size, and you could also be considerate enough to see that it is fully inflated and not leaking. And the jack and tire toolshould FIT the vehicle in question, too. A Hi-Lift jack is highly recommended. Some of us are tired of encountering flat-tired vehicles equipped with 35’s, an original jack intended for 215-75R15 tires, no tire tool, and if it’s even got a spare, it’s both too small and it’s flat. If this is you, you’re too dumb to be away from your mother. Did I mention gloves?

4[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]BRING STUFF THAT WILL GET YOU OUTTA THE WOODS AND, HOPEFULLY BACK TO CIVILIZATION (“I still got that 5 foot rope we used to tie up that collie dog last week, an’ it ain’t got but three knots in it where hechewedit.”) You need the basic hand tools and spare parts to make a basic repair so you can get home. Basic spare parts consist of belts, some fluids, a tire repair kit, repair/baling wire, electrical tape, duct tape, electrical wire, fuses, etc., and be sure to bring certain things that are prone to break on your vehicle. If you think these items are too costly or too much to bother with, you can’t afford the hobby to begin with.
    A.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Basic recovery gear. Come equipped with real gloves, a shovel, a tow strap WITHOUT metal hooks, and REAL tow hooks or proper tow devices securely mounted to the vehicle. Don't come out with an old seat belt or one of those K-Mart tow ropes with the hooks on the ends, or your friendly Ace Hardware Man’s “special-this-week” log chain. The only chain adequate for taking the weight of your vehicle under stress is ½ inch proof coil rated chain or better. Why? Because under shock loads, cheap crap will kill you! A Hi-Lift jack is a piece of recovery gear, too. Get one.

B.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Winches and come-alongs. Make sure these two items are adequately rated to do something besides kill or maim people. A 2000 lb boat winch and a 1500 lb come-along are NOT adequate for vehicle recovery. A Hi-Lift jack can be used as a come-along when you have the proper attachments. Get one. And don’t handle a cable without gloves.

C.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Winch Accessories. So, you got yourself a winch. Well, that’s nice. If you didn’t also purchase PROPERLY RATED clevises, snatch block, tree-saver, gloves, and at least one RATED hook-up chain, you’re fooling no one but yourself. Cheap hardware store junk is not rated to do the job, and if it gives up and kills somebody, hopefully that somebody will only be you. IF THE EQUIPMENT IS NOT RATED TO DO THE JOB, LEAVE IT AT HOME!!! I don’t intend to die on my favorite trail just because you’re too cheap and self-centered to consider your safety or mine. And did I mention that you’ll need some proper gloves?

5[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]VEHICLE CAPABILITY. (“I got 4 wheel drive. I kin go ennywhere,” or, “My Explorer is capable of incredible off-highway experiences, why, just last week I was on a gravel road,” or, “Dad just bought this Tahoe. Let’s go down to the creek and see what it’lldo.”) Look at the trail rating for the particular ride. If it says “winch needed”, believe it. If you just acquired a winch and you think you’re unstoppable, you need to read parts 4B and C again. We love telling you about 4 wheeling and passing some of our experience in your direction, after all, that’s what this hobby is all about. Just don’t show up for a 3.5+ rated trail in an new outta-the-box Grand Cherokee with street weenie tires and expect to go with us, especially if the thing is still clean, and even if you do have a good pair of gloves.

6[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]TRAIL ETTIQUETTE.
    VISITORS. (“I ain’t got no idea who them people are. They just asked me could they come along.”) If you invite ‘em, you’re responsible for ‘em. If you can’t vouch for them AND their vehicle’s capability and take responsibility for their conduct, they don’t ride. If they’re rogues and you know they’re rogues, tell a club officer or the trail leader.
    If you’re not a member and you found out about the ride from one of our members or the internet or an organization that the club is a part of, then get with that member, a club officer, or the trail leader and ASK if you can ride with us.

MONITORING. (“They was behind me, but I ain’t seen ‘em in a while.”) Keep the
    vehicle that’s behind you in sight. They just might be lost, or maybe something worse, like broken down, stuck, AND lost. And cussin’ you.

NO WINCH? (“I don’t need no winch. I got new tars.”) Try to position your ve-
    hicle in line between two MEMBERS with winches. This way, potential problems (stucks) will hopefully be avoided, or at least shorter, and the ride will go smoother.

STUCKS. (“It ain’t broke yet.”) The rule should be three tries and you pull the cable. Some of us wanna get a shot at this obstacle today. But, then again, sometimes it’s nice to see somebody else get whipped by an obstacle you didn’t make it past either.

7[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]ALCOHOL AND DRUGS. (“I don’t even git to feelin’ good till I done had at least a 12 pack, an’ it don’t ‘fect my drivin’ till I done had a case or so. You ain’t got no weed, do ya?”) Friends don’t let friends drive drunk – apparently they ride with ‘em. Strictly forbidden in federal areas and rightfully so. At Tellico and other federal OHV areas, your vehicle can be searched at anytime or any place within the OHV area. Mere possession of alcohol in the vehicle by the driver or the passengers is against the law – regardless of whether it’s open or not. Some of us are fed up with drunks and dopeheads ruining our opportunities, so, if you just gotta have alcohol or drugs, stay the hell away from our rides – you’re not welcome. In the campground alcohol is OK, if permitted, but no driving after drinking.

8[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]CHILDREN AND PETS. (“Aw, they ain’t gonna be no trouble.”) Safety issue: children or pets - if you can’t control ‘em, leave ‘em at home. If your children will obey you and can stay out of the way and allow us to concentrate on our driving skills, then bring them on. BUT, if you can’t or won’t control them, you need to leave them at home for their own safety. We don’t go on trail rides to babysit your kids or pets, or to supply the parenting and disciplinary skills that you won’t. Pets have no place on trail rides unless they’re content to ride in the vehicle and will stay there until they’re let out. If we have to watch out for your berserk children and dogs cavorting about, we can’t enjoy what we came for. I would never intentionally run over any child or animal, but if I do accidentally run over your child or pet because you can’t or won’t control them, you are too irresponsible to deserve children or pets and my sympathy will be with the kids and the animals.

9[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]LITTERING. (“It’s done, Th’ow it out.”) You brought it in, you haul it out, and then some. Neither the authorities nor the land owners will tolerate throwing trash about, and if your lack of consideration and social skills gets us thrown out of a trail area, I will go out of my way to make sure that you pay for it. THIS INCLUDES CIGARETTE BUTTS!!!

10[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]ELEGANT DRIVING. (“Let me hear that 4 barrel!) The sign of a skilled driver is one that can make the most difficult obstacle look easy. By usinglight throttle and a minimum of wheelspin and avoiding environmental damage. If all you can think of is “damn the carnage, full throttle ahead”, you need to stay at home. Reckless driving will not be tolerated. Tread Lightly!

2. Mar 23, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    Whoa. That was a long read. 4x4 FTW.

Too bad I didn't get it. :D

3. Mar 23, 2009 at 10:42 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Great read
    Loved this part and would give the guy rep for that :D

"·Toyota. Everything was going great and then came the IFS.

·Tacoma. A neutered Hi-Lux. In the rest of the world it has a real front axle."

4. Mar 24, 2009 at 7:26 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That was a good read. Makes me want to spend more money on recovery gear and what not....Guess the hi-lift is going to be super necessary here shortly....=)

5. Mar 24, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    make sure yall check out the post i made concerning safety issues as well :thumbsup: also some good tips there

6. Mar 24, 2009 at 10:58 AM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    HA HA HA GREAT read.

·Cadillac Escalade. A helluva lot of money to pay for a Tahoe.

I work with a guy that bought one and thinks he is the shit. 20" rims and all.
    He actually said the other day he can die happy now that he has his dream car.....ahhhh to be 23 again. :D

7. Mar 24, 2009 at 11:05 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    yup...with the season starting back i figured itd be good to post up some useful info for people since theres so many folks getting their first 4x4 and wanting to get into the sport...

8. Mar 24, 2009 at 11:12 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    ·Tacoma. A neutered Hi-Lux. In the rest of the world it has a real front axle.

I thought the Hilux has IFS now right?

9. Mar 24, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Man, I want the diesel!! Was the last year for the solid axle in the hilux in 85 also?

10. Mar 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    Mr Wiggles

Mr Wiggles Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication

Member:
    Great post

11. Apr 30, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Good post Tiger. With all the up and coming tail meets I felt you needed a bump.

12. Apr 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    ROFL
    Also, lol @ stucks.

13. May 1, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    TheSchwartz

TheSchwartz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Smithsburg, MD
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC/LB SR5 Magnetic Gray
    Avid BullBar, BFG 265/75R16, remote car starter, Slim's HID heads and fogs
    +1 Great Post!!

14. May 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Which is why I use my M37 for "4Wheeling". :)

15. Aug 11, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    Regretless Rob

Regretless Rob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Chino CA USA
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Painted my stock rims black and polished my lugs, New jvc head unit with 2 12" subs with shut of switch, Side mirrors tinted, FULLBLOWN FM-74267 muffler, In dash wiring for my Garmin 750 GPS & 3Gs Iphone dock with aux plug and charger in dash, Three more cigarette lighter plus under my head unit also in dash, strobe head lights for the hell of ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qumylyXOig,
    Hahahahahahahah

16. Aug 11, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Decent read I reckon, didn't finish it I got other things to do besides reading this novel, but some good info....:cool:

17. Aug 11, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    barlowrs

barlowrs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Build Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/builds/74926-barlowrs-06-taco-expo-build-thread.html OME Lift, FJ SE Wheels, 255/85 KM2, Allpro Plate Bumper, 8K Winch, Synthetic Line, Yaesu FT-8800R, Custom Sliders Sockmonkey bedside decals, BHLM, base model grille, TRD offroad (black) trim
    haah this was great, though some might argue the following:

A BMW X5 is NOT an off-road vehicle.

example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Aug 11, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Great thread, should be made a sticky for those new to the site that are looking to get into some real wheeling with everyone!

19. Aug 11, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Good stuff!

20. Aug 11, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    Dodge quit making solid axles a few years ago on the 1500s. now you need to buy the bigger trucks for that. its a shame

Products Discussed in

To Top