1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

(SOCAL) what were you doing during the blackout?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by GMIKE, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Sep 9, 2011 at 6:31 AM
    GMIKE

GMIKE [OP] aint that some $h!t

Member:
    First Name:
    MIKE
    Carlsbad,CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner trd double cab sr5
    8000k 5% tinted windows debadged
    For all those who were in the black out just curious how you guys got through the day. what were your thoughts, what did you do to mean while and etc..just to share some stories..

ill start it off...

as for me. i worked the graveyard shift so i had pulled a double right before the blackout..got home like around 2pm 9-8-11 and got a call at 5pm to ask to come in to work and help out. been there since 5pm to 6am 9-9-11.everything was blackout out so had to check on everybody in there apart. every 2 hrs. unfortunately they were some emergencies needed to be delt with but nothing life threatening..just glad lights are starting to come on..

2. Sep 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    I was at work in carlsbad when it happened and after about 15 minutes of it being off the streets started to fill. I hung back for about 30 more minutes in hopes for the traffic to die down a little bit. Nonetheless it didnt so I took the elfin forest backroads back into escondido. We had a $100 generator from harbor freight at home and it lasted all the way til the power came back on which was around 130. We were able to power are 50" tv and the cable box so we still didnt miss the game :D

Products Discussed in

To Top