1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Soda Stream (Making Sodas at Home Machine)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Killer, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Apr 25, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    Killer

Killer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    I bought one of these Soda making machines for my youngest son. I didn't really think that I would like it much but, I really do like it. I drink mostly Coke Zeros and Cokes.

I like to be able to make the Cokes stronger by adding more of the cola mix.

I wanted to write this in case anyone else is on the fence about one of these Coke makers:

http://www.sodastreamusa.com/

2. Apr 25, 2011 at 8:38 AM
    rjclemen

rjclemen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Pre Runner The good looking Blue
    Tint, Bed Cover, HIDs, stubby antenna, double din system, debagded, All Terrain bedside stickers.
    I guess we are ignoring the fact soda is bad for you? Although I am currently drinking a coke zero :D I looked at thier website, I cant believe all you have to do is carbonate the soda and add in the dye/flavor mix. Seems so freaking simple. Awesome idea and whoever invented this bad boy is going to make a freaking boatload of cash.

3. Apr 25, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    Killer

Killer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    I bought the Genesis from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I have tried the Coke, Coke Zero and Dr. Pepper. They all tasted good to me.

I fill it with filtered tap water, push the carbonator button about 3 times and then fill with the soda mix. That is it. It keeps its carbonation in the special bottle for about 1 day but, you are only making 1 liter at a time, so you always have fresh colas.

4. Apr 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Um, that's what they've been doing for years..............and it's called syrup. :p

Products Discussed in

To Top