1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

soft tonneau cover

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by gp4camping, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Apr 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    gp4camping

gp4camping [OP] Active Member

Member:
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 TRD off-road package
    overhead dvd monitor and player, ipod adaptor, vent visors, reverse sensors, running boards, bed extender
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 28, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    PreRunner

PreRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:00 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Dont Do it save and buy a hard cover! U will hate how it fits and will want to sell it!

4. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    those suck. i had one on my old 99 taco, the snaps broke, it was a bitch to put on when it was cold, so i couldnt even really take it off in the winter cuz i had to bring it inside to soften it to re-install it. i have a soft now but its a tri-fold and i love it

5. Apr 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    You don't want snaps. Access covers are great, IMO.

6. Apr 28, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    Snaps suck... if you want a soft cover get an Access cover from Luke at Truck Alterations. I have the Access L/E and absolutely love it!

7. Apr 28, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    NAYo2002

NAYo2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Great Falls, MT
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Michelin LTX A/T2, TRD Skid Plate, WeatherTech DigiFit Liners, OEM Bed Extender, OEM Bed mat, Advantage TorzaTop Trifold Tonneau, Pop & Lock PL5300
    x4 for snaps sucking. I got TorzaTop Tri-Fold and love it so far. Best part is that you can take the entire thing off in less than a minute. Nothing of the cover (no brackets/rails) stays on the bed once it's removed.

8. Apr 29, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Snaps are not usually too good of a thing, but it depends on your use and where you live. I had a snap cover on my previous truck for about 6 years and it worked well for me. Why? I live on the Gulf coast, not much cold (like freezing is about it), and I only took the cover off every couple of months for hauling stuff that was too big, or when it was too dirty. It was also cheap and light.

So, depending on your needs, the snap on cover may work for you. If you still think this will work, I would check into an Extang or other name brand cover, as they can be had for about the same price as your Ebay link.

BTW, for my 09 Tacoma, I upgraded to an Extang J-hook cover instead of the snaps. My use and usage of the cover hasn't changed, just wanted to try the J-hook cover for easier on-off access. Still cheap and light though....

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top