1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Soft topper!!?? Best brands?!

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by PapaHugeTime, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Sep 26, 2019 at 7:44 AM
    hikerduane

hikerduane Stove & lantern collector, retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Meadow Valley, Jefferson USA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Blazing Blue Pearl TRD Sport AC V6 manual, tow pkg
    RCI sliders fuel tank skid plate, Softopper, tailgate insert
    I find my MPG isn't affected, still 22+ to 25 or even more in some stretches. Dust in the bed is very noticeable now, much worse than a open bed, but never was a issue before adding the topper. Have not tried it in the rolled up configuration yet.
    Applied some 303 protectant yesterday finally, earlier in the week it looked like no more 70 degree days, but yesterday was warm, so remembered I needed to apply the stuff, so sprayed it on, in the garage. Plenty to cover the whole thing, I have the 6.5' bed. Covered the back screen and the extra vinyl rear window piece, wiping it off any vinyl or paint. Used some cardboard to shield paint best I could. Sprayed too much on the top as it puddles up, so wiped that up with numerous paper towels. So plenty in the bottle to cover the long topper. Had a rubberized feel after drying in the recommended sun cure. Will have to see what it feels like today. Only wish the sprayer had a wider or finer spray pattern.
    Duane

2. Jan 24, 2020 at 1:29 PM
    KidMover

KidMover Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Grey Off Road 4x4
    Anyone with Bestop's version 2? Looks much better than ver. 1 with the vinyl sides and has channel system.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  3. Jan 24, 2020 at 1:43 PM
    Kbel

Kbel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM DCLB
    I was just going to ask the same question. I'll just wait for an answer. I like the in channel system but not sure if the reliability is there with the Truck 2.0 like the softopper. I had a used softopper on my 2nd gen and the thing was indestructible. Feedback from Bestop 2.0 guys and gals??

I am just trying to keep my options open looking for a good used soft top for a long bed.

KidMover[QUOTED] likes this.
To Top