1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Solo Motorsports 19" LT

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by planesane, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Jul 6, 2016 at 7:39 AM
    planesane

planesane [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 white Tacoma limited 4x4
    6 inch rough country lift kit, Kings shocks front and rear, Deaver leaf pack, 4xinnovations shackle flip, 6 inch shackle, front, rear bumpers , rock sliders, warn winch, 35 inch tires
    Axles,kit, and front coil and bypass, gets dose to 10k without installing g

2. Jul 6, 2016 at 7:42 AM
    concentric_killa

concentric_killa Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 DBL Cab Taco
    +3.5 TC Long Travel DMZ Spring Under Nitro 4:56 Gears Custom Snorkel List Goes On..
    May I ask why you might consider SAS? Be careful in the design of an SAS front end (Anti-dive, roll centers). I have seen many incorrectly designed swaps and it is damn near dangerous to watch them drive down the road at freeway speeds.

If you went with SAS, be prepared to put adjustable link mounting points (in order to get it to handle correctly).

planesane[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 6, 2016 at 8:09 AM
    planesane

Member:
    Vehicle:
    6 inch rough country lift kit, Kings shocks front and rear, Deaver leaf pack, 4xinnovations shackle flip, 6 inch shackle, front, rear bumpers , rock sliders, warn winch, 35 inch tires
    If I did a solid-axle swap I would be sure to do the rear as well

4. Jul 6, 2016 at 8:23 AM
    planesane

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I consider SAS because I am looking to get wider and stronger axles. I want to run 37 maybe 39. It's either build custom chromolly axles for my front and rear which will be better then what I have now but still weak for larger tires. Solo Motorsports has a improved axle setup buts it's nearly 2k. The whole setup up front for 19" is close to 10k. Plus fenders and relocation of some things. It's going to add up.
    Then I will have to do a rear end to make it wider, because it needs to be close to the front width.

What it boils down to is they are both going to come out excellent, but which way to I want to spend my money.

I go fast and I crawl rocks.

5. Jul 25, 2016 at 4:34 PM
    Basikbiker

Basikbiker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trav
    Vehicle:
    09 AccCab 4x4 spaceship
    My doors are the only stock things left besides the headlights
    Linked solid swap would be the strongest for ya and still quick, just look at a koh buggy they haul ass. Beefing up the cv's on the solo kit is good but for crawling serious stuff you'll just grenade your ring and pinion with tires that big

Products Discussed in

To Top