1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Someone help!!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Albertataco89, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jan 14, 2014 at 8:01 PM
    Albertataco89

Albertataco89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09BlackLiftedSR5
    Arb winch bumper, M8000 warn winch, 6 inch BDS lift, mayhem wheels, kenwood all around
    Hi there, I bought a Kenwood DNX9990HD DVD navigation unit about 7 months ago brand new out of the box from audio design here in fort mcmurray Alberta canada, anyways I had them install it professionally but they were unable to connect the back up camera because of the way it was wired in my truck. I have wired my back up camera to the head unit now and the camera works and looks great, I have one issue.. The camera will only stay on for 30 seconds once out into reverse then just shuts off and te screen goes blank, if I unplug the RCA cable for the camera and plug it back in the picture comes back but only for 30 more seconds.. I tried taking it out of reverse and putting it in neutral and into first gear and then back to reverse but the picture doesn't come back. I have to turn off the truck and then try the camera and it works after that but for only 30 seconds.. If I remote start my truck and get in and put it in reverse there is no picture at all because the truck has been running for more that a minute or so unless I unplug the RCA cable and plug it back in.. I have read online that other people have had this issue and was wondering if you guys have a solution on what I can do, it would be much appreciated .. The head unit is installed in a 2009 Toyota tacoma and I am using the stock oem Toyota back up camera, thanks for your time!

Products Discussed in

To Top