1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Something strange

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by magog45, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Mar 22, 2012 at 5:26 AM
    magog45

magog45 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada, just south of Santa
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma 4x4 extended cab
    5100's all around, 2.75 inch lift, polyurethane body mounts, gibson exhaust, variation of the deckplate mod, intake resonators removed 285-75-16 goodyear AT
    Was driving along the other day and heard a bit of a chirping from the front end like the pads were down to the wear indicator but that was unlikely as I had checked the breaks last fall and there was plenty of pad left. So I jacked up the driver side front and found that the wheel was very hard to turn so I took off the wheel and with the rotor now hanging loose on the hub everything turned just fine, I then put the wheel back on and same thing. Next I removed the caliper and secured it away from the wheel and hub and the wheel turned just fine when bolted onto the hub, either with the rotor or without it, no play or roughness. I'm assuming it is the caliper but the truck never pulled to the drivers side when braking and there was a bit of a howl when travelling on the highway. Anyone else have a similar problem, I'm changing the caliper first and will see what happens, oh yes the passenger side front was fine.

2. Mar 22, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    I read your post 3-4 times and...:goingcrazy:...probably me. I'm still guessing frozen caliper.

Products Discussed in

To Top