1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sometimes I wish I would think just a little bit.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Swwacoma, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Swwacoma

Swwacoma [OP] Doomsday Squad

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    Living in SWFL. Tropical Storm Fay is upon us. I figured this morning it was still supposed to become a cat 1 hurricane so I should probably move the Taco out from under the car port thing. My rational was that, while a very nice looking community, my place of living was probably put together with the bare minimum regard to codes/standards...didn't want the car port collapsing under the wind as I assume it isn't structurally sound.

Its now 3 a.m. and I just looked outside to see how the storm was acting only to realize I parked next to a tree which was about to buckle under the wind. So i had to walk outside at 3 am in the middle of a down pour to move the truck back to the car port. Since the storm isn't going to become a hurricane at all it at least provides structure from getting hit w/ trees.

...that could have been bad...and now I'm wet....lame.

2. genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Camry SE - 2011 Tacoma traded
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Good thing the tree doesn't fall on the carport, then the Tacoma. :eek:

3. Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Be glad you saw it before you heard it. :frusty: Glad you and your ride are safe. :)

4. Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    SBurl Vermont
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    Glad the tree or the carport didn't fall on you... :eek::eek:

5. Swwacoma

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    ...lamest...storm...ever. We didn't even lose power, and that little shit tree didn't even blow over...I did however get the day off. Beer.

6. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    First day of Senior Year is Friday. My school is all outdoors, with a dirt parking lot.

[​IMG]

Should be interesting.

7. kwalton

kwalton Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, Md
    Vehicle:
    Silver Streak Mica 4x4 6 Speed
    Trd exhaust and intake, Toytec 3" with 885's and AAL, Alpine headunit, speakers and new PDX 5 channel amp, JL steathbox, Scangauge
    i parked in the most clear spot that i could yesterday right next to my other car. hasn't been hit with any debris yet!! i also got half of yesterday and all of today off.

weak storm but i am not complaining.

8. Swwacoma

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    I was looking forward to fishing heating up again down here, but now its going to delay it for like a week. But lol at my one friend that lost power because he decided to stay with his g/fs parents to 'ride out the storm' and they were one of the like 1500 people across collier and lee county that lost power.

9. beastlytaco

beastlytaco This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma standard cab
    15% tinted back window, 25% on sides. Jardine catback exhaust system. horn modification, AFE pro dry S filter and secondary filter removed. All weather toyota tacoma mats.
    well your parking lot will be flooded. can you say MUDDIN :D

10. Swwacoma

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    I was actually thinking about going to have some fun in the back of my community thats still under construction. There is a vast dirt lot where they were about to build more houses/condos before the market crashed so we go out there from time to time and rip shit up. Maybe tonight.

11. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    Probably.

If only my Rugged Fails where not bald... More excuse to get some new 33"s? :D

12. wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge

Nice..you have to love those Hurricane Parties!! I miss that about not living in FL. Give it like its your last day on earth...got some major snatch that way..

To Top