1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

somthing about my truck

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Hambone155, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Feb 20, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    Hambone155

Hambone155 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    Causing Butthurt is my job
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)
    ok this is in the off topic because it has to do with the legality of car sales. im a lube tech at a dealership here in omaha. i work nights when used car techs work on the used cars, see if we can do the minor work. or if were going to send them off to auction.

well they make sure all the dash lights work and that the check engine light is taken care of. they run the codes and fix it or dont. but what they never do i pull the bulb

this is where i come into play
    i have a single cylinder misfire in my truck but the light never came on. i knew i had one. so i was going to run the code. i flashed the diag port and no light. so i figured it was burnt out. this friday i pulled apart the whole dash to replace the light. when it turns out i had 3 of them pulled. these bulbs dont just burn out. i looked at the bulb in the ports and some of them had the toyota embelm. and 2 had a 95 on them
    this means that they had to have gotten pulled because they wernt even in the sockets.

the abs light will not turn off, one of the bulbs that i had to put in that was not burnt out
    and the engine light. its given me a ton of codes which pisses me off. if i would have known when the light came on i would have goten the stuff fixed but this resulted in more damage im sure.

a tech said its illegal to do that to a vehicle aswell as they state that their is nothing wrong with the car that we know of.
    so do i have a case, because if i do. im gonna blow this out of the water on the dealership that sold it to me.

2. Feb 20, 2011 at 11:36 PM
    707tothe907

707tothe907 Superior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Chico NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Off Road
    If you're pretty sure they pulled it then you have a pretty strong argument. I'm
    not sure if it's case-worthy but it sure is worth trying.

3. Feb 20, 2011 at 11:47 PM
    Hambone155

Hambone155 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    Causing Butthurt is my job
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)
    thanks, im gonna talk to our service manger tomorrow when i go into work. because i found black tape behind the gauge cluster so they could line up the speedo. i asked a guy i work with if he ever had a dash bulb go out. he said no way. he also has a 95 taco.
    but ive been lookign into the lemon laws. and this falls into the legality part. so im going to approach the dealer ask for the 7200 i paid for mine back. and keep my truck or i will serve them for 10 times worth

Products Discussed in

To Top