1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

soon to be an 08 taco owner.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by jjewell, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Dec 31, 2007 at 3:56 PM
    jjewell

jjewell [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 base 2wd
    getting the truck jan 2nd 08 will have the entire stereo down and rockin on friday the 4th.
    just thought i'd say hi since i'll be lurking around these parts now. i'll be picking up my 2008 tacoma 4x2 regular cab on jan 2nd 08 which means i'll be around here till atleast 2017.:D
    i'm not new to toyota's just the tacoma.

2. Dec 31, 2007 at 4:08 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    Welcome to TW jjewel and congrats on your new Tacoma.TW is fun and informative for me,also addicting - just getting my after work fix right now.Come her often if ya can, and show us your truck..I still want to post some pics..maybe tomorrow.Oh yea, happy new year.

3. Jan 1, 2008 at 1:04 AM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    jj,
    congrats!!!!! post up some pics!!!

you have really stumbled upon a GOLD MINE here!!! this place is fantastic!!!! i got my first toytota and tacoma last dec 06 and this site is unreal. i had no idea how to do so many things i wanted done to my truck. with the help of the people on here i did almost all the mods myself!!

lot of knowlege here, lot of good people, mixed in with some off the wall b.s. what can i say, it's home!

welcome to the disfunctional family

4. Jan 1, 2008 at 4:19 AM
    LazyRyan

LazyRyan Wtf am i suppose to type here?

Member:
    Long Beach,CA
    Vehicle:
    08 DblCab PreRunner V6 TRD Sport
    BHLM, Black badges, Trex Eyelids, AFE drop in
    yeah me too. my family has been all around toyotas. all from the 4runner, matrix, highlander, 2 celicas. cept for my mom who opted for the honda accord which i may add has had 2 transmission failures, 1 alternator failure, a broken pipe"i forgot but it recirculated exhaust back into the engine."

what really got me was this top gear episode where they actually tried to KILL a tacoma, called a hilux in britain, by drowning it in sea water, park in on top of an exploding buliding, and hit it with a wrecking ball. and it still ran!! thats why i bought the tacoma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tom3OUKDM9I:eek:
    part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM:D
    part 2 a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk:eek:
    part 2 b

these videos were the main reason i was pushed towards these trucks.

5. Jan 1, 2008 at 4:49 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    Welcome to the TacoMania Community! !! If you can't find out how to do it here~ ~ ~ you probably didn't need to do it anyway:D

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Don G

6. Jan 1, 2008 at 5:05 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Welcome to TW from the Great Lakes region, sounds like you know a thing or two when it comes to vehicles, your knowledge and experience will be greatly appreciated here, for we try to help out people as much as possible, thinly veiled sarcasm goes a long way. :D

7. Jan 1, 2008 at 10:05 AM
    jjewell

jjewell [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 base 2wd
    getting the truck jan 2nd 08 will have the entire stereo down and rockin on friday the 4th.
    i can't post any pics of the tacome till at least tomorrow night but i can show you my on going project vehicle. yes i am a nissan guy but still love well built vehicle's.

[​IMG]

here's a link to some of the mods done to this car. i also need to update the dyno numbers. the current numbers are 401hp 404ft/lbs at the rear wheels with a stock 150,000 mile non turbo block and heads for higher compression ratio's with 22lbs of boost.

http://www.nez31s.org/cgi-bin/userPage.pl?n=jon

8. Jan 1, 2008 at 12:13 PM
    Bill in Ky

Bill in Ky Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Bright White 08 Reg 4X4 2.7 5spd SR5
    I got my first 4x4 in 1972...haven't been without one! I still like Chrome!
    Welcome

Products Discussed in

To Top