1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sorroful goodbye

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by LilRedYota01, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Mar 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    LilRedYota01

LilRedYota01 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    East Texas
    Well as of tomorrow my short lived taco glory will come to an end. I'm just gonna have to wait for a better financial situation to be able to get me another.. oh well that's life and kids lol

2. Mar 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well sorry to hear but understand that nothing is set in stone, Tacomas will more than likely never go away and you can always get another one. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself, life is more important than any truck.

3. Mar 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    LilRedYota01

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    East Texas
    I know bro... that's why the truck is goin away. Ill just have to drive my tow truck everywhere

4. Mar 21, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    Robertgeejr1

Robertgeejr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Aorora, Ill, yeah!
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I have done all the hi-pro mods for a life time, since I got this truck at a great price, I will be happy with showroom new.
    don't sweat it, life goes on, and things can be replaced, I have had to learn that lesson myself, but it will make you a better person.
    and one piece of advice my grandfather told me, and I do try to stick by it
    "you need to save some of your money, because hard times will always follow good times, and don't ever fiance a car unless you have no other options. Interest is too high, and when you have the money in your pocket for either a used car or new you have the power, and you set the deal.":D

got mine last winter, and she came from southwest texas, no rust, but I am still cleaning the red dust. but that's why i love her

5. Mar 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    LilRedYota01

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    East Texas
    lol yeah thats one of the many reasons why i love bein born an raised texan...you can leave a car in the feild for 30 years and pull it up and still be almost in the same shape as when it was put out there...just sunfaded....well when i picked the note up on the truck everything was gravy and i did have some money held back...things went south so im gettin rid of everything ive got...i sold both projects and lettin this truck go back...if things dont come out right i might have a repo truck forsale...im just gonna keep my faith strong and my head held high cause its gonna be alright...kids are fed and got a roof over their head...thats all i care about

6. Mar 21, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    Robertgeejr1

Robertgeejr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Aorora, Ill, yeah!
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I have done all the hi-pro mods for a life time, since I got this truck at a great price, I will be happy with showroom new.
    my grandparents got through the depression and the war, we can get through this.
    I learned a lot from them, and they knew how to have a good time and enjoy like, but it does not have to cost a lot.
    Now her daughters, and my mom have a hard uppity streak and I don't know where they got it, but my aunt was dating this uppity clown from Atlanta and all he could do was brag and doing this and that and how much it cost, and they ate this and the whole meal cost that........
    My grandmother said "well buddy it dont matter how much it cost going in because it all comes out the same"!

my aunt did not say anything but later she called and asked me what he might have thought, and I told her the truth, THAT WE ARE ALL WHITE TRASH!

7. Mar 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    LilRedYota01

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    East Texas
    yeah thats bull crap...when i grew up mom was a metal worker and dad was a truck driver. we didnt have much but we was happy...kids got new bicycles and cool toys but we got the knowledge of how to make what we had last longer. all the rich kids messed with me and my brother bout not having the stuff they had...now the people i remember messed with me the most are in prison for drugs or too many dwi's or they are as broke now as i was then..im still broke in pocket but not broke in spirit...to much to worry about then money. i just wanted to say bye to a truck i thought id have forever i didnt know it would turn into this but im cool with it.

8. Mar 21, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    tacoma04

tacoma04 Laissez les bons temps rouler

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Northern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCSB BBP
    Amen to that. You are doing your number 1 job. Hang in there. I would sell everything for my family. Some of our best times have come when just sitting around talking or hanging out in the yard playing. Nothing fancy, just family.....you can't beat that!

9. Mar 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    LilRedYota01

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    East Texas
    Yea I just bought a house an live about 100 yards from my mom. The weekends are great. My brother and nephew hang out. Do some grillin. Good times

Products Discussed in

To Top