1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

    You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

    As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sorting problem on none JBL head unit 2013

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by k19, May 15, 2013.

  1. May 15, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    #1
    k19

    k19 [OP] fluffy the destroyer of worlds

    Joined:
    May 15, 2013
    Member:
    #104245
    Messages:
    4
    Gender:
    Male
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD sport DCSB
    Hey, I have a problem with sorting of files on usb stick on stock headunit on 2013 tacoma. I was wondering if anyone else have the same problem ?

    Here is some pics ...

    Screen of explorer window with files
    folder.jpg



    Picture of how the headunit sees it and sorts it
    IMG_20130515_210725.jpg



    and number for the radio (on the top of the trim)
    IMG_20130515_210808.jpg



    Any ideas ?
     
  2. May 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    #2
    Aw9d

    Aw9d That one guy

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2011
    Member:
    #66635
    Messages:
    11,694
    Gender:
    Male
    This seems to be a common problem with Toyota.. I'd check the metadata tag's on the MP3's to see what the deck is really reading and see if you can find any way to adjust that metadata so the HU sorts them by name or number.
     
  3. May 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    #3
    k19

    k19 [OP] fluffy the destroyer of worlds

    Joined:
    May 15, 2013
    Member:
    #104245
    Messages:
    4
    Gender:
    Male
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD sport DCSB
    Thank you for reply,

    Checked the id3v1 and id3v2 tags on the mp3s, there are none.
    This happens on every folder, regardless of naming or/and tags convention.

    I tried to write files one by one , 01 first 02 second ...... so on ... but to no avail .... :(
    I ended up using my phone via bluetooth, but that is work around and not a fix to the problem.
     
To Top