1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sos armor issues

Discussion in 'Armor' started by m603holden, Oct 13, 2020.

?

Issues with SOS parts

1. Yes

2. Also yes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Oct 26, 2020 at 4:17 PM
    Lelandt

Lelandt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tavish
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR
    bully bull bar, halo/angle eye headlights, 20" cree led light bar mounted on bull bar. 42" radius light bar from extreme LEDs 2 led pods, Spare tire mount on bed
    Hmmm. I was about to pull the trigger on an sos front bumper. Now I’m starting to second guess myself. I do not have the tools to make adjustments myself if I need to.

ovrlndkull likes this.
  2. Oct 26, 2020 at 4:50 PM
    Jwithers

Jwithers Master baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle:
    07 ACLB SR5
    OME 885 & Bilstien 5100 JBA UC DAKARS & OME NITROS Timbren Active bumps SOS Hybrid Front SOS sliders and skids
    I don’t think you would have any issues with a bumper.. i believe most of the problems are coming from skids.

Lelandt[QUOTED] and SR-71A like this.
  3. Oct 26, 2020 at 5:15 PM
    pdaddy

pdaddy WeLl-KnOwN mEmBeR

Member:
    First Name:
    Preston
    Central AL
    Vehicle:
    ‘13 DCSB Converted Prerunner 4wd
    Idk anything about the TW drama but I’ll add this: whoever I communicated with via email was awesome in dealing with my issue. The website stated the mid skid would only fit 4wd Tacomas. I asked why it wouldn’t fit a prerunner and SOS said it would fit, no issues. I went to install and it was an inch too short. I did a little research and prerunners have slightly different frames. I emailed them what the problem was and the email guy immediately said they would make and ship me a new custom one for free. I sent them a lot of emails and they responded to every one. I originally drove out there to pick up my skids and met Eddy, he seemed like a good dude and took time out of his work to explain how everything bolts on. I’d buy from them again without hesitation

4. Oct 26, 2020 at 6:03 PM
    m603holden

m603holden [OP] @Koditten Pirate Radio member #063

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
    What does that have to do with the list of folks have that have gotten stiffed by Eddie?

It's not "drama".

It's getting shipped parts that completely don't fit and being out money, and then having it completely mishandled and folks either being out of their money or dealing with junk parts.

I'm glad that you're specific case worked out fine, but as it was specified earlier in the post that's not really what we're trying to find out a out. That sets the concept that it's OK to screw some folks over, as long as it worked out for a few others.

Just go get you caught up to speed, Eddie told folks involved with SOS that he knew my skids were messed up and just wasn't going to do anything about it.

It went from " we will send you new plates", to "well tell us more", to "well the tolerances from Tacoma to Tacoma vary", to completely no phones answered or emails replied.

Slashaar likes this.
  5. Oct 26, 2020 at 6:18 PM
    zippsub9

zippsub9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Halfmoon, NY
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB
    Shit bolted onto other shit, and junk.
    Holy 2020....WTF just happened. I can’t believe I missed all this. Sad to hear but such is life. I will be posting pics of a test fit of the one I have for sale. I didn’t realize this was such an ordeal.

Lelandt and SR-71A like this.
  6. Oct 26, 2020 at 6:18 PM
    pdaddy

pdaddy WeLl-KnOwN mEmBeR

Member:
    First Name:
    Preston
    Central AL
    Vehicle:
    ‘13 DCSB Converted Prerunner 4wd
    It’s my testimonial of a fitment issue that was resolved, just wanted to share my experience. Honestly it’s my first time hearing about these issues, I hope you get your issue resolved, that ain’t right

7. Oct 26, 2020 at 6:21 PM
    m603holden

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
    I appreciate it. Not optimistic about it, and it is what it is at this point. This thread was more to satisfy curiosity after hearing from multiple people who contacted me and said they had similar issues.

8. Nov 3, 2020 at 10:51 AM
    synaps3

synaps3 Wag more bark less

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Los Alamos, NM
    Vehicle:
    2017 White SR5 4x4 DCLB
    SOS armor, ARE MX walk-in, Fox coils, Dakar leafs, etc
    Then update the thread poll to have a no option? You're obviously a very vocal poster from your number of posts - but tons of people run SOS without issues.

I have literally all SOS armor on my truck - streamline front, all 3 skids (IFS, mid, tcase), sliders, and HC bumper with swingout. The only problem I had was with the streamline front. I was the first customer to use a roller fairlead and the opening wasn't big enough for the winch lead. Eddy would have replaced it, but instead I opted to just chop the fairlead opening bigger and call it a day. Eddy immediately updated his design and fixed ones going out.

Every piece of my SOS armor has been used a LOT - especially the front bumper, IFS, and sliders, and all have held up spectacularly.

You need to remember they're a small business and not walmart, they don't have a customer service department. They'll take care of you, but it may take time.

Eddy's pricing is downright disruptively low when a sale is going on (like the 25% off right now). I seriously have nothing but praise for Eddy and SOS, and am disappointed a few issues and sensationalist threads like this one have driven them away from this site as a vendor.

9. Nov 3, 2020 at 12:03 PM
    m603holden

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
    You must have not read though the whole thread. The part where many folks this year have has armor fitment issues of the same exact fashion that weren't handled.

Or the part where people involved with his production confirmed he knew about the issues and was just avoiding it to not have to replace them.

Not a matter of sensationalism. A matter of just stating what has actually happened to recent customers. Anyone is free to spend their money how they'd like.

.... Haha what? I'm up to 12. 12 folks this current year who have bought 2nd and third Gen skids who had to either drill almost a whole hole size or torch cut them to make the fronts fit, which they caused alignment issues with the last two for those who got all 3.

That's great that you has a positive experience with SOS and have good parts. There's nothing wrong with that. But you're now trying to discredit folks who are out over $1,000 of their money because their parts are junk or have to be modified ot have a compromised fit.

Nobody here is crying about shipping times or stickers missing haha. Folks have been talking about how what they paid for came all messed up.

10. Nov 4, 2020 at 12:51 PM
    15ACOR

15ACOR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR
    Dang, I was gonna order a streamline front bumper for my ‘15. With the 20% off it’s a good deal. Maybe I should wait for Black Friday sales to pop up

11. Nov 4, 2020 at 12:52 PM
    Chunk

Chunk I smell Ice Cream!

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aiken, SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB OR
    Baby Ruth
    Streamlines to my knowledge have never had an issue and its 25%:anonymous:

12. Nov 4, 2020 at 12:54 PM
    15ACOR

15ACOR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OR
    Is there a code? Website is showing 20%
    http://sosoffroadconcepts.com/

well shit, I just saw the code BF20 and figured it’s 20%!

Products Discussed in

To Top