1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

???Sound Only Coming Out of Left Side???

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TOASTuh, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Dec 5, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    TOASTuh

TOASTuh [OP] New Member

Member:
    Texas
    On my 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5, i have the factory installed radio (http://media.photobucket.com/image/toyota stereo/Mike92LX/1233253832.jpg). The problem is whenever i play cassettes, only the left side plays (i use a cassette-to-3.5mm for my ipod http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WCTD6NX5L._SL500_.jpg).

I've checked the balance, tried multiple cassettes, made sure the wires were in all of the way, checked the fuses, and they're all functional. The CD player and FM/AM radio work fine.

What happened was that i was listening to the cassette while driving and all of sudden the whole right side started blaring static. After about a month, the static just stopped and now no audio even comes out. So what's the problem?

2. Dec 6, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    Welcome to TW Cody... You've done a good job trouble shooting and it seems to me you've narrowed it down to the cassette head especially if you've tried multiple cassettes and they do the same as your 3.5mm/cassette adaptor. Now whether that means the head is dirty, misaligned, or a wire failed is anybody's guess. I'd start with a cotton swab with some denatured alcohol on it and flip the cassette door open and swab the head with it until the head is clean. If that doesn't do it... it might be time to invest in an aftermarket CD with an aux out or iPod connection. You can get some nice ones pretty cheap. Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top