1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

South East wiring harness trouble.

Discussion in 'Towing' started by TommyTacomaNC, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Dec 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    TommyTacomaNC

TommyTacomaNC [OP] Is it finished yet?

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Raleigh(ish)
    Vehicle:
    '14 Tacoma 5 lugs of fury!
    Draw Tite hitch, K&N 63 series intake, Tinted, Magnaflow 14" muffler, More to come!
    My '14 Tacoma (4cyl 5 lug 2wd 5spd) did not come wired for a trailer. I installed my own Draw Tite, and purchased the "Southeast Toyota" version of the plug -n- play wiring kit, with connections to the battery, ground, and plug ins at the driver and passenger side tail light. There is a small black box (relay box?) that gets mounted in the driver tail light housing. Long story short, I hooked up to a trailer today (with LED lights) and got NOTHING, my neighbor (an electrician) came over and tested it, said everything looked okay on a multimeter, and I tested it with an incandescent bulb from my mower, worked great... Is this an LED thing? Anyone else using this same harness from SE Toyota without trouble? Any help would be appreciated, I have a call out to the dealership but have not gotten a call back yet.. Thanks for the help!

Products Discussed in

To Top