1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Speaker help while keeping original hu.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pacifico12, May 5, 2009.

1. May 5, 2009 at 5:14 AM
    pacifico12

pacifico12 [OP] New Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Hey everyone,

I am looking to add 4 speakers 6.9's up front and 6.5's in the rear and an amp to my 06 taco with a non jbl system. I have purchased the taco tunes mounting kit for the install. Can anyone give me some good info on
    quality speakers? Budget is approx. $250-$300 for speakers. I am keeping the stock hu for a clean look. It is a family vehicle but would like to suprise some people when i turn up the volume. Also are there any special wiring issues when installing an aftermarket amp to the factory head unit?
    Thanks in advance for your time.

2. May 5, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    You are going to need a line out converter, that could be picked up at your local Best Buy for $25. That will take the high output of the speakers and convert it into a low input for your amp. If you have that much to spend, I would probably get some Alpine coaxials. If you really want to impress, I would definitely go with components and leave the rears alone.

3. May 5, 2009 at 7:15 AM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    Wander over to the Audio forum and get some attention over there. Lots of great info (and then some) already posted up to your inquirery.

Products Discussed in

To Top