1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Speaker Install ?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 80 atoyot, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Apr 6, 2008 at 8:20 AM
    80 atoyot

80 atoyot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bahstan Mass
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab-SR5-Boat Tower....We are both getting old !!!
    Double DIN JVC Head unit with Ipod and Bluetooth, Plays video even while driving Shhhhh...Speaker replacement, 200 W Alpine Amp. Glove box twin 12V power outlets
    I just finished installing my double DIN head unit. It is awesome. DVD, CD, Ipod, SD, USB, and I added the Bluetooth adapter which works very well. I show pics of mic install also.

Pics to come !!!

SOOOOOO>>>>>> Here is my question.
    I noticed that the OEM wiring colors are nothing like the standard colors we use. The Schoche adapter wires were a HUGE help for the head unit.

But when I do the speaker install (all four) the OEM wires running to them will be strange colors. HOW do I know which are + or - ????

Any good ways to install the news ones making sure i have polarity correct????

2. Apr 6, 2008 at 8:40 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Schoche makes speaker adapters as well. The part number and a photograph of them are in my speaker upgrade thread stickied at the top of this page.

3. Apr 6, 2008 at 9:20 AM
    80 atoyot

80 atoyot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bahstan Mass
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab-SR5-Boat Tower....We are both getting old !!!
    Double DIN JVC Head unit with Ipod and Bluetooth, Plays video even while driving Shhhhh...Speaker replacement, 200 W Alpine Amp. Glove box twin 12V power outlets
    Thanks MAV, I took a look at those.

I made a mistake and should have ordered the entire kit (all 4 mounts with harnesses) but I missed that kit on ********* and I only ordered the 4 mounts.

So...if I just wanted to cut and splice (which is very easy) to save $$; which color is + which is - ???

4. Apr 6, 2008 at 9:29 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    OK, on the Scosche adapters, the white wire has the bigger spade terminal, and the black wire has the smaller spade terminal. Not sure which is positive or negative, that is why I opted for the plug and play method.

Just looking back at my pictures, it appears that the front doors are blue and white, and the access doors are red and white, but in either case the white on the adapter goes to the white on the truck harness, and the blue or red wire goes to the black wire in the adapter.

So white wire is bigger spade terminal, other color is smaller spade terminal.

Hope that provides you with enough info to figure it out, as I can not answer it any better than that. Sorry.

Products Discussed in

To Top