1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

speaker questions.....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by richie822, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Mar 4, 2008 at 4:32 AM
    richie822

richie822 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 access cab
    i was just wondering if anyone knows or is currently running an infinity Kappa 693.7i or the infinity kappa 692.7i 6x9 speakers in their tacoma? I plan on upgrading my stock speakers but dont plan on getting subs later on....was wondering if they fit, and if they do how do people like them, or what else wuold you recommend? I want some nice highs as well as decent bass b/c i wont be getting subs to go along with them. I do plan on adding an amp to them later on though. Any suggestions or info on this wuold be greatly appreciated

2. Mar 4, 2008 at 3:13 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    The 693.7i Kappas fit in the front doors only. I have some that just got here. Im just waiting on my taco tunes mounts. like any quality speakers though, you dont get the full effect without a proper amp.

3. Mar 4, 2008 at 5:05 PM
    richie822

richie822 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 access cab
    do you know if they have decent bass.....i am not trying to get rolled by cops or bother my neighbors but i do want a full rounded speaker since i do not plan on adding a sub in the future, just an amp. i was also looking at the polk audio momo mmc 690 as well....between those i was wondering what others thought of them both and which they would recommend if not purchasing subs....plan on adding an alpine mrp-f450 amp

4. Mar 4, 2008 at 5:09 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Could you do me a favor when your mounts arrive? I want to make my own speaker mounts and can get my material ordered and cut without having to take the doors apart twice from pictures I've seen if someone can give me a measurement of the diameter of the hole in the tacotune mount. A reading with a caliper would be fantastic but a good ruler or tape measurement should be close enough.

5. Mar 5, 2008 at 6:39 PM
    semper000

semper000 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Double Cab TRD Sport Long Bed
    I've been wondering myself if there are templates around for making the door mounts. I think making a set from MDF wouldn't be to difficult providing there are some measured template plans to go from.

6. Mar 7, 2008 at 7:01 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    When they get here I will see what I can do.

Ted

Products Discussed in

To Top