1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

speed detector wire

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 06TRDbama, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Jul 25, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    AJWalkman

AJWalkman Member

Member:
    Coral Springs, Fla
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab
    In the bottom picture below, my 2011 Tacoma has an all red wire where the Red/White reverse wire is two questions.
    1. Did it change to all red in 2011?
    2. I noticed a purple / white right next to my all red (and also in the picture) is that the same VSS? It is in an easier location to Tap.

2. Aug 3, 2012 at 8:51 AM
    thatguy0o0

thatguy0o0 trunk monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rapid City SD
    Vehicle:
    White '13 TRD Sport.
    I have wired aftermarket and stock cruise controls on those things and the best place to tag speed sense is behind the glove box but here is a pic of where to find it at the fuze panel. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344008871.927944.jpg The best way to know for sure if you have the right wire is to test it. Find the wire you are looking for grab your multi meter set it to AC ground the black lead and attach the red lead to the wire in question and drive the truck with it all attached. If the voltage fluctuates with the speed of the truck then you have the right wire. Don't guess and check, that could cause a lot of problems if you happens to guess a wire on the airbag circuit or something. Always check meter the wire before hooking something up to it.

3. Aug 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM
    tgw13

tgw13 Member

Member:
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4X4 DC TRD
    Just installed a new hu on mine and I can also confirm VSS is the purple/white wire behind the coin tray. Thanks to all who posted here. Made my install much easier.

4. May 8, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    mfvtgtgs

mfvtgtgs New Member

Member:
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Double Cab
    I have tried to hook up the VSS on my 2014 but cannot get a signal. what am I doing wrong? I have tried 2 different taps and then wrapping the wires together.

Am I tapping the right wire??

Is there a way to test the various wires with a voltmeter to see if I have the right wire without loading the radio in and out of my car? As it stands now, I have to hook my headunit in and then drive around the block with one hand holding the unit in the space, wires hanging all over the place, and trying not to hit the neighborhood kids. Then I start cursing because my vss signal is 0.

Any help would be appreciated!

1337.jpg
    1338.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top