1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spindle + Coilover Prerunner Lift Questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BBB1, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Apr 15, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    BBB1

BBB1 [OP] Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TSS
    6" Pro comp lift. Painted handles and mirrors. Spider Trac Spacers
    I am debating going with a spindle coilover setup or just get a pro comp lift. With the spindle coilover setup, it shows the front will stick out 3/4 " on each side. I have TSS rims so I will probably have to space them anyway. I am just wondering if anyone has pictures of this setup with the wheels sticking out each fender well the same. All I have have ever seen is the LT look. Also if you are running 6 " or better with this setup, how did you accomplish the lift in the rear. Just trying to weight my options before I go spend some serious money. Looking for a good ride as I don't offroad. Just pull a boat or 4 wheeler trailer on occasion.

BBB1

2. Apr 30, 2010 at 3:39 PM
    happyb

happyb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    on a beach in hawaii
    Vehicle:
    to my taste
    making a list
    spindle and coilover you can add an inch or two over the pro comp lift if you crank the coilovers all the way. also if you crank the coilovers over 2 inches you'll need new ucas. the tire sticking out of the fender less than an inch is very minor. to lift the rear you can use blocks, aal + blocks or a custom leaf pack.

3. Apr 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    You'll notice that the fronts stick out more than the rear but it's not too noticeable in my opinion. You could always add some sort of spacer to the rear if you didn't like it down the line.

I'd recommend going with like a Dakar pack in the rear. I've got a Deaver 12 Pack but the Deavers don't love the weight when I tow the boat, but I got them at a REALLY good price so I couldn't pass them up.

4. Apr 30, 2010 at 4:10 PM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    im doing the same to my truck. i dont believe that the fronts will stick out too noticeably. just google tacomas with spindles and click the images link. theres a few of em out there. i really think that it depends on the offset of your wheels.(how much more that the 3/4 it will stick out)

5. Apr 30, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000

Products Discussed in

To Top