1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spline drive lug nuts work on stock rims?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by octacorunner, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    octacorunner

octacorunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    11 DCSB
    t|x pro rims, trd exhaust painted flat black, retrofit hids on oem smoked headlights, weathertech digifits, interior & exterior LEDs, console vault, 20% tint (need to install: eyelids, lower grillcraft, satoshi by homer)
    It may be a dumb question but it's one I don't know the answer to, and am hoping one of you out there does. I bought some trd "beadlock" rims off of a txpro Tacoma and it came with the spline drive lug nuts. Now if I get a flat and need to put my spare on, will I be able to use the spline drive lugs on that steel spare rim?

2. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    dirtytaco2010

dirtytaco2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    south lake tahoe, CA baby
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD Sport LB
    custom badging, Black Badges, tint, General AT/2's, nerf bars black, ultra-gauge,toytec AAL, removed mud flaps, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.75, AFE pro dry s air fliter, spidertrax, black rock 17'' wheels
    id save your original lugs and keep 4-8 in your glove box just in case...i dont know the answer 100% but im 90% sure the spline ones dont work on stock rims. I just got new rims and had to switch to spline and im betting i wouldnt have to if stock worked for the new ones

3. Mar 25, 2011 at 9:19 AM
    ontarioyota

ontarioyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    01 reg cab 4x4
    Blacked out badges-rims OME lift with 881's & dakar pacs with D6XL AAL, summer tires=BFG 31x10.5x15 on 93 4runner rims,winter= Pirelli Scorpion Ice&Snow on stock steelies,Flowmaster exhaust, deck plate mod
    Good idea to have proper lugs for your spare handy!!...this would be overlooked by many including myself!

To Top