1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Squeaks/chirps when turning

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by EEtaco, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Aug 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    EEtaco

EEtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Prerunner
    My 2009 dbl cab prerunner with 20k miles and no suspension/body mods is getting me confused. About a year ago I started to notice that when turning close to full lock (ex. navigating parking lots) the front end would squeak a little kind of like the sound when your brake pads are worn down. I didn't think much, thinking it was just the tires. Well, I've noticed the sound is getting progressively louder and a few days ago it was embarrassing when I took a round-a-bout and everyone stops and looks at you. (Brakes don't appear to be the problem)

The problem is that I can't produce the problem on demand and it doesn't happen very often. I can go out in an empty lot and do some figure-eights and I can only get it to chirp a little. I've mentioned to the dealer before that I frequent gravel roads often asking if it would be a good idea to check the seals and joints regularly and I was assured there wouldn't be a problem. So my question is: How can I diagnose an intermittent problem such as this, or am I over analyzing the whole thing and it really is just nothing?

EEtaco

Products Discussed in

To Top