1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Squeaky Clutch pedal

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mcgiiver, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Aug 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    mcgiiver

mcgiiver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Princeton, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Access cab 4x4, 4 cyl, stick
    Aftermarket Driving Lights, Hidden Hitch, Removed rear headrests, Side protective moldings, vacuum gauge, Scan Gauge, Leer cap.
    Wondering what others have done to eliminate the squeaking, creaking clutch pedals. I thought I solved it with some teflon dry lube spray on the return spring, but the problem came back. I am starting to think the noise is coming from the master cylinder plunger.

2. Aug 9, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.
    Hey this just recently happened to me also so I am interested in hearing ideas as well. Subscribed. Thanks.

3. Aug 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    RainDodger

RainDodger YGWYPF

Member:
    Great Northwest
    Vehicle:
    '09 Black, TRD Sport
    None yet! It's new!
    Take it to the dealer... no, I am not kidding. My '09 had a squeaky clutch pedal that was driving me CRAZY. I'd spray lube in there between the two plastic pieces that were squeaking and it would go away for a couple weeks or a month, but it would always come back. I played with the adjustment of the pivot by loosening it up or tightening it up. I played with the gap in between the plastic pieces. NOTHING helped.

Finally I took it in and demonstrated to the service writer what it was doing... he said no, it wasn't normal. They found that the PLASTIC pivot bushings were cracked, other parts and pieces needed replacing, and they found some weird corrosion on the slave cylinder shaft that should not have been there.

Bottom line is, they replaced everything having anything to do with the pivot (including the clutch pedal itself) , AND they put in a new slave cylinder. The clutch is unbelievably smoother now and takes half the effort to push. Never knew it was supposed to be so nice. All covered by warranty in my case.

Don't be fooled... as the clutch feel gets worse, you get used to it and don't realize how bad it is.

Products Discussed in

To Top