1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Squeaky Shocks

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cameraperson, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Apr 6, 2010 at 9:34 AM
    cameraperson

cameraperson [OP] TIM HUS shows Nashville how it's done correctly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameraperson ADK
    DC and Lake Ozonia in the ADKs
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 TrD sport
    Roof Rack, Auto Ignition, Full-time switchable camera over the rear tag, steering wheel cover, light floor mats, Gravimetric torpedoes
    My shocks are suddenly a bit squeaky. It could have always been squeaky and now that it's spring and the windows are down, I'm just hearing it now. But even when I jump on the tailgate the squeaking happens - like an old bed frame. (Insert "when your truck's a rockin" here)

Any suggestions, or is this too vague? I could post a video at some point.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
    This place is such a wealth of information.
    Mike

2. Apr 6, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    ilg

ilg VanCity Taco.

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD O/R 4x4 6-Spd
    WeatherTechs, Yellow Fogs, Alpine X-100 iPod Stereo, Custom Seat Covers, Debadged, Locking Bed Compartments, Black Front Toyota Emblem, AVS Vent Visors, Colour Matched Grill, TRD Shift Knob, Eagle Alloy 187s in 16x8 wrapped in 265/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Black Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Black Rear Bumper, 8 in shorty antenna, 5100s @ 2.5.
    Sand/dirt stuck in the leaf springs? This usually happens to me when I go offroading. Once it dries, the rear squeaks like crazy. When I get back and just flex out the rear one side at and time and spray out all the dirt with a hose. No more squeaks.

Of course, you could be having another problem.

Products Discussed in

To Top