1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sr5 seat replacement

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Captain3, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Apr 20, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    Captain3

Captain3 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner SR5
    I not happy with the factory seat in my new Tacoma. I'm trying to see if anybody has replaced the drivers seat (with Air Bag Sensors) with a aftermarket seat? All information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sep 17, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    timmo

timmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    2010 doble cab 4wd sr5-silver

i have no info for you but i may agree with you on the seats. i'm getting used to them and my sore mid/lower back is feeling better after the first 2 weeks but it took a while to get the exact positioning right. i certainly expected a break in period but have never experienced sore back muscles from a car seat...i AM getting a little older though!

3. Sep 18, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    t_e

t_e Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    miami,fl
    you could always cut the plug and put in a resistor to fool the airbag module that its there. we do this all the time on federal agency vehicles so they can use the vehicle to ram things.

4. Sep 18, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    cgilbane

cgilbane Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    remote reservoir fox shocks front and rear
    ^^sounds awesome but wtf does that have to do with getting more comfortable seats and getting rid of back pain?

By the way had my seats 2 years.....stil have fucking back pain when i sit in them for longer than an hour.

5. Sep 18, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    tisher49

tisher49 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Orange, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '08 4.0L 4x4
    K&N Air Filter, Westin Bull Bar with PIAA fog lights, Retrax cover, Alpine Head unit with I-Pod interface, maglite mount, Color matched grill surround w/ Grillcraft mesh
    agreed on the SR5 seats being uncomfortable. I was getting pretty bad lower back pain and the lumbar support just sucks.

I purchased one of those seat cushions designed for cars from walmart for about 15 bucks i think (looks like this one but couldn't find it on the walmart website http://www.improvementscatalog.com/...-AA35-DF11-9DA0-002219319097&mr:referralID=NA).

The one I got has little rubber grippers on the bottom which is nice so it doesn't slide around. Since I use it all the time I ended up sliding it under my cover king neoprene covers. Looks a little strange but its much more comfortable and is a very cheap fix.

6. Sep 18, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    I don't have any issues with my SR5 seats. Several times a year, I spend 12 hours a day and don't have any issues with anything but the headrest angle.

Good luck finding something comfortable.

7. Sep 18, 2010 at 11:42 AM
    cgilbane

cgilbane Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    remote reservoir fox shocks front and rear
    yeah please let us know if you find anything out. Never done research but curious about the matter

8. Sep 18, 2010 at 11:52 AM
    LBtaco

LBtaco Thread killer

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    yeah after about 6 hours in the seat my lower back is hurting :mad:
    and I NEVER have had back problems/injuries

I dont have the airbags in the seat so I may just get something aftermarket, eventually.

Or I'll just take short trips

9. Sep 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    haha dude the banch in my reg cab fucking eats it!!! toyota has succeeded in every other department by creating one of the best trucks ever in the tacoma. but the seats the god damn seats!!! ok toyota, if its gonna be a bench make it a 60/40 bench with a fucking arm rest and it needs to recline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude the seat back in my reg cab does not recline at all its stuck in the magoo position!!! i can dead lift my wifes subaru and i'm in tremendous shape with no problems and my lower back hurt on a 30min drive last night with the wife. other than that i absolutly love the truck its an instant classic! i think i'm goign to try and take the seat back apart and try and do some kind of perma recline mod. i will let you know how it all goes. any help would awesome.

60309_158213204205183_100000495141273_444638_5452162_n.jpg

10. Sep 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    this seat is killing me! but i don't want the air bag to explode in ma face trying to fix it either. and i refuse to spend like 1,500 on new seats and brackets and a console lol. lol when life gives you lemons, you say fuck the lemonade and bail lol.

P1020023.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top