1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SR5 spring rate.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by eight3one_offroad, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Mar 21, 2010 at 10:44 PM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad [OP] Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    Hey guys,

so I'm getting a pair of SR5 coils from a member off here, I wanted to mount them up with 5100s set to 1.75" I have Eibachs set at .085 but the ride is not smooth as I expected. What is the spring rate of the regular SR5 coils? and would I get a better ride with these set at 1.75" with 5100s? I had TRD springs set at 1.75" but the ride is a little too stiff. My question is what is the best smooth riding suspension I can match up without buying new coilovers.

Thanks for any input,
    Richard

2. Mar 22, 2010 at 1:29 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    I think its 580 or 590 lbs. I am interested in the best ride as well. I have a set of Bilstein 5100's for all four corners still in the box and new eibach coils as well. Still on the fence about installing them. The SR5 ride is very comfortable.

3. Mar 22, 2010 at 3:58 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    What vehicle did the SR5 coils come off of?

I'd say they're all pretty much the same spring rate accept the differences between cab configurations. A double cab springs will have a higher spring rate than a regular cab or access cab.

They're gonna be softer than a 'lift' spring.

4. Mar 22, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad [OP] Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    Theres steering wheel shake and vibes around 65-70MPH right now with 5100 + Eibach springs set at .085 and I'm not too happy about it. I think I might do SR5 springs with 5100s set at 3rd notch @ 1.75" this would most likely feel better then TRD sport springs at the same setting, which is not what I like. I just wanted to see what's the best ride, hey sometimes you got to play around a little bit to get what you want.

- Richard

Products Discussed in

To Top