1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

stack next time

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pbucks, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Jan 3, 2009 at 4:53 PM
    Pbucks

Pbucks [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montgomery County, Md
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access (sold)
    None yet
    Attached is half a cord of wood plied high. First time try to haul that much wood. Next time I will be sure to stack the wood neatly instead of just throwing the wood in. Towards the end of me loading I was worried I could get it all to fit. Don't think any fell out on the 13 miles home. Live and learn.

Pete

half-cord.jpg

2. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Truck looks close to level, how did it handle going down the road?

3. Jan 3, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Yikes! Cover your load. A load like that could kill a motorcyclist if something fell out.

4. Jan 3, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    thats a load.....bet you had great power steering :D

5. Jan 3, 2009 at 7:04 PM
    Pbucks

Member:
    Montgomery County, Md
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access (sold)
    None yet
    Handled well did not have tons of power but then again it is only a 4 banger so it never did have that much power. The speed limit on the road I needed to use was 50 mph but I'm sure I was around 40 the whole way.

6. Jan 3, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    Pbucks

Member:
    Montgomery County, Md
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access (sold)
    None yet
    You are right about covering the load and I should have. I don't even have a tarp or tie-downs in this new truck yet but they are on the list of things to get. If I had stacked the logs inside the bed it wouldn't have looked that bad.

I hear ya about stuff falling off trucks and motorcycles. This is me and my '04 FLHTCI. It has 38K miles with plenty of smiles.
    Pete

n1646150692_9798.jpg

7. Jan 3, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    ERdept

ERdept Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amazing truck we have.

It's proven the world over with it hauling a stack of Punjab's 25 people deep and camels and other shit in it and other abuses of the third world.

I'm confident here in America it can handle this light load. It's cake over here.

8. Jan 3, 2009 at 7:20 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Nice beast. I'd like to get a Road King some day. Here's an action shot of me on my 1998 Concours (82K miles)
    [​IMG]

I've had a few heartbeat moments on it. One time I was passing a truck pulling a trailer. It was bouncing around quite a bit. I remember thinking I hope that thing doesn't pop off as I was passing, when it suddenly did. Luckily he had safety chains on it. I powered on by just as it got really squirrelly.

Products Discussed in

To Top