1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stearing wheel squeak

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacoma guy, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Sep 8, 2010 at 5:45 AM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    O k guys heres one for you . My 1999 has a squeak when you turn the stearing wheel. Can not pin point where to lub. Can anyone help? Its about to drive me nuts...

2. Sep 9, 2010 at 5:03 AM
    spdracer71

spdracer71 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donny
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2.4L
    I beat it you rack and pinion. I had the same problem when you steer in sweak so bad it sounded like crap. I got my grease gun (used a light grease not a heavy grease) and bought a needle attachment at autozone. Jacked her up with the wheel fully turned one way and stuck the needle into the steering rack and pinion boot pumped quite abit of grease in there. Then turned the wheel fully the oppistie way and did the same thing with the other boot and steered back and forth to work the grease in. I have done this twice in the past 6 years and she is nice and quite the way she should be.

Only a suggestion what I think is your problem and what I did to resolve. Some or maybe many people may disagree, but it worked for me. Hope this is it and helps you out.

3. Sep 9, 2010 at 5:56 AM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    Hay thanks, I will look into that.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top