1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Step by step removal and installation of e-locker 3rd member

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MonkeyProof, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Dec 14, 2018 at 4:55 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    K.

BudMan and mjp2 like this.
  2. Dec 15, 2018 at 4:48 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevos Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    I've helped you out by making sure you can't reply to him again. Enjoy a future full of not kicking yourself.

t.hornstra, BudMan and Airdog like this.
  3. Dec 16, 2018 at 3:33 PM
    andrewtheadventurer

andrewtheadventurer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    I think I have a Tacoma.

Great write-up man! I used it to remove my third member on my '08 Prerunner today. Couldn't have done it without this so thank you! @MonkeyProof

Airdog likes this.
  4. Feb 16, 2019 at 8:51 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    King RR w/adjusters, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    So I moved the engagement fork as far as it can go towards the right (away from the diff) but the wheels still move in the same direction. Any input on this? yes, the engagement for is ALL the way to the right.

5. Feb 22, 2019 at 5:36 AM
    G3T LO5T

G3T LO5T Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    4" Maxtrac Spindles 3" All Pro Leafs 5100's Headlight Projectors HID Fogs K&N Short Ram Intake Flowmaster Exhaust PA Alpine
    This was an AMAZING write-up! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. Among others, I accepted the challenge after gaining confidence from how easy you made this look. I didn't beat your hour completion time, but am still completely satisfied I didn't have to pay some else to do it. All in all - it was about 6 1/2 hours and roughly $36 in parts. My diff was leaking at the E-Locker. I'll post pics for reference.IMG_3845.jpgIMG_3844.jpgIMG_3847.jpg

deeezy likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top