1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

*Stereo Guru's share some knowledge*

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by THROUGHITALLDUDE, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Nov 4, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    So I have the stock head unit on my truck when i go wheel or hit large bumps in the road the right side of my truck dims and then if i bang on the head unit it comes back. I have a US SPEC for my ipod that I am using I imagine thats whats going out. I am contemplating getting a after market head unit that has a aux jack and using that rather than the US SPEC because I want a black head unit so I will get the double din plate with a new unit.

My questions are if I go after market how do I know which head unit fits a double din or a Single din. Because I dont wanna buy one that wouldnt fit those kits?????

2. Nov 4, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    you can put either in your truck
    whick ever you choose

3. Nov 4, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    ya but how would i be able to tell if a certain head unit would fit inside the kid

4. Nov 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    its either a full face 2 dinn or a single din with like a opening under it
    check my pics i have singel dinn

the kit and wiring harness you buy with the radio

5. Nov 4, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    What i mean is the opening in the kit does anyone know what the demension of the opening where you put the head unit? b/c I dont wanna accidentally buy a head unit thats too big or too small for it

6. Nov 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    DIN is a standardised size. It can be single or double. They all fit.

7. Nov 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    brutalguyracing

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    what he said^^^^^^^^^^^

8. Nov 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    thank you guys sorry brutal if i was driving you up the wall with my dumb questions thats for the help.....what brand did you get metra or Scosche I hear mixed reviews of both

9. Nov 4, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    I saw this I kinda think its cool and kinda dumb at the same time the only reason why i think it would be cool is because with the new itunes my i touch now have all my albums with the album artwork so if my touch was plugged into this it would play the song with the album artwork in the screen what do you guys think dumb? or Cool idea?
    [​IMG]

10. Nov 4, 2010 at 6:34 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    Interesting concept, but i wouldnt buy a dual

11. Nov 5, 2010 at 2:55 AM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Sony has a new radio that does kinda the same thing.

12. Nov 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    That's a cool idea, but they do not work in all applications.

My son bought one of these head units that has the flip down iPod dock. After he installed it, he flipped down the dock, and his iPhone would not fit into the dock because a part of the dashboard was in the way.

Before you buy one of these check your car or truck and make sure you have enough clearance to dock what you plan on using.

13. Nov 6, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just use a remote wire in the center console or glove box. Then control the phone from your head unit.

Products Discussed in

To Top