1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sticker Price vs. Invoice Price

Discussion in 'New Members' started by iwant1, May 14, 2011.

1. May 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM
    LGE RAW

LGE RAW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Dothan
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Off Road DCSB 6AT Magnetic Gray Metallic
    New Mods in the works.
    If you're particular about what you want on your truck, get on auto trader and search them. once you find one, you can call them up and negotiate. I was suprised at how many internet deals were out there. Regardless, i purchased mine from a private seller due to the extreme savings over the dealership. The truck i bought was about $6K less than the dealer for similar trucks.

2. May 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    thebottomline

thebottomline Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    Where are you located? That is nonsense that they aren't honoring specials.
    I wasn't aware the used market prices are climbing, but here in WV the prices have held firm, and the two dealerships I use haven't had inventory problems or difficulty trading for trucks. As for cars, not sure because I never care enough to ask.

3. May 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    NinjaTaco

NinjaTaco Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab
  4. May 20, 2011 at 6:11 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Look for one thats a year old or so, they are out there. Stay away from stealerships at all cost they are all about the $$. I would just as soon go toe to toe with al-quida. Jim

5. May 20, 2011 at 6:36 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    I figure the price inflation is not due to dealers cost but to limited supplies and still high demand. In other words the ones they have in stock did not cost them any more than before the quake, so there is no real requirement for them to raise the price. But if their suppy is dwindling and they don't have much competition nearby they figure they can get more.

So like others said find the dealers with the biggest inventory. Also try searching and contacting out of town dealers over the net. In our area, we are lucky to have any number of dealers within a few hours drive, including the Atlanta area and Northen Florida.

6. May 20, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    Japanese manufacturers have very little stock on their most popular units and the prices are up.

A (new or used) Prius goes for big money here now due to high gas prices and shortage of units. Some dealers will sell you a Prius for only dealer sticker, but you have to preorder and wait ... and that wait could be 6 months too. Some delares were asking from $2,500.00 or more over sticker about 3 weeks ago. I saw this at one dealer in Atlanta.

PS ... When I got my Tacoma about a month ago, inventory was drying up fast on some models and USAA deals were not being honored on some models.

Yes, I am sure that someone can quote an exception, but I am talking about the car market in general terms too.

Products Discussed in

To Top