1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sticking gas pedal

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by daggertats, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Oct 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    daggertats

daggertats [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    ok so a friend of mine in australia who i talk with regularly has a son who bought a ford ute new 4 months ago. its like a ranchero or an elcamino,pretty cool lookin car. anyways her son was goin down the highway today and his car started goin faster by itself. he hit breaks then gained his composure and drove to side of the road and turned the key off and coasted to a stop. it sin the shop now being investigated. just thought yall would wanna know toyota isnt the only one with possible accelerator issues. ill keep ya posted when i hear what the outcome of this is.

2. Oct 21, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    I actually had this problem on my 1996 Mazda B4000 pickup truck because of the thick rubber floor mats in my truck. It freaked me out the first time it happened but even then I had the ability to reason and just put my transmission in neutral then pull over on the side of the road. Everytime it happened after that, I just threw the transmission in neutral then stuck my foot behind the acellerator and everything was just fine. Eventually I shaved the bottom of my pedal off.

Products Discussed in

To Top