1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sticky Clutch, Major Problem?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by swutah tacoma, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Nov 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    swutah tacoma

swutah tacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Springdale, UT
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 6cyl. 4X4 TRD
    Recently bought my 5-speed Tacoma and love it! I've had it about 4 months and have put about 6,000 miles on it, now at about 100,000.

Anyway, I was on a camping trip to Death Valley out in the middle of B.F.E. with my lady friend when it started to rain on us in the middle of the night while we were sleeping in the bed of the truck. We threw everything in the cab, and I started the truck to leave then....

The problem: I was having a hard time putting the truck into 1st or Rev., just didn't want to go. Finally I realized the clutch peddle was only 1/2 way sprung out. I took my foot, pulled it all the way out and BAM, there it was. No further problems and I could change gears. It's done this once or twice since then, but if I pull the peddle out and then push the clutch in, it always goes in gear.

The Questions: What the F%#* is going on? I'm mechanically retarded and don't fix my own car, so I've got no idea if this is a just a bad spring that will cost me $2 or if it means I'm sitting on a bad clutch that's going to cost me $600. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

James

Products Discussed in

To Top