1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

still struggling with a lift kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mudjunkie, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Sep 8, 2008 at 6:02 PM
    mudjunkie

mudjunkie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    clearwater fl
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sx l
    header,short rack and pinion, heavy duty shocks, grill guard, flowmaster exhaust,pacesetter header without catalytic converter, one 10 inch xant sub with a mtx amp, off road lights,diamondplate tool box,rhinolined inside cab,ngk plugwires.
    want suggestions please lol i heara bout these 5100 what are they ugh if anyone can give me an idea of the cheapest to the best 3 inch lift that would be great lets pretend money is not an issue psssshhhhh yea right

2. Sep 8, 2008 at 7:53 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    The 5100's are adjustable shocks up to 2.5" I believe. Not sure about the price.
    There are tons of lifts out there so I know how confusing it is.
    First off what would you like to do with your truck, is it just for looks or function?
    Check revtek, Tuffcountry and Toytec. Those are all good companies.
    I personally went with Toytec becasue the specialize in Toyotas.
    I have the Toytec 3" with 884 coils and Factory Belstien shocks up front. I the block in the rear with the rear TSB done. I also have the drop kit and longer brake lines. My cost was $460 to the door. I installed it at home. Oh I also have the rear shock extensions. My ride is the same as factory just have to hop a little to get in. Hope this helps.

3. Sep 8, 2008 at 7:55 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    get the bilstein 5100's from downsouthmotorsports on ebay.......and get a good toytec 3 inch lift kit from here......

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top