1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Still Vibration AFTER Dealer Re-Balanced Tires

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ModernPopeye, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Nov 21, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    ModernPopeye

ModernPopeye [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton Rds,Va
    Vehicle:
    12 DBL Cb Sport LB
    I bought my first brand new vehicle as well as Toyota on 10-11-2011. 2011 DC Sport Long Bed. While driving (on test drive) it i thought I noticed a vibration. Told salesman and had him drive as well. His response was "All Tacomas have some vibration". I took this as a complete crock of s**t and had him write into the sales agreement that I could bring it back and have it looked at free of charge. I know I know, Why did I buy it if it had a vibration? It was a remaining 2011 and out of the 9 dealerships I was dealing with not one had EXACTLY what I was looking for or could come anywhere near their prices. So there that is. I brought it in to be checked out. They didn't have the balancing machine needed for the balance and 10 hours later I had my truck back. I spoke with the shop foreman who test drove it after it came back and I really didn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling that all was well after speaking with him. He said that I should drive it and see what I think which already put in my head that it wasn't fixed. The service writer said that was pretty much all they could do before contacting Toyota and seeing what they could do. I just put another 1000 miles on it and although the vibration is MUCH better it's still there from 50mph up. I'm a mechanic by trade and have never heard of a brand new vehicle to have vibration right off the show-room floor being "normal"??? I would just like some Taco Owner's opinions and experiences. Thank you for your time and thoughts.

2. Nov 21, 2011 at 5:58 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    automatic right? im a tech and i have concerns with vibrations in the autos all the time... dont know what it is.... what tires are on it? rugged fails? IMHO its a truck man, not a cadillac

3. Nov 21, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    SBurl Vermont
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    yep brock nailed it.
    I had the opposite problem.
    Stockers are nice Michelins if you live in say Miami. Rode smooth no vibes.
    Put on really expensive Goodyear Silent Armors & it took 5x to balance.
    Roadforce managed to get out most of the vibes except on certain road surfaces still notice a slight vibe in my steering wheel.
    My guess if you get different tires your truck will not vibe.
    FWIW My 06 Tacoma 4x4 automatic DC had zero vibes running both winter & summer tires.

To Top