1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock shocks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Glocker23, May 3, 2012.

1. May 3, 2012 at 4:48 AM
    Glocker23

Glocker23 [OP] Drive fast take chances

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX grill, OKLED 20" light bar in grill, Aero AT2525 muffler
    Can you do a 3 inch lift and still utilize the stock '12 sport shocks? I was looking around and couldnt find it. I get my new truck on Saturday Woo hoo

2. May 3, 2012 at 6:24 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    You can but I wouldn't advise it. If you lift using top plate spacers, you can use your stock shocks just make sure you know the risks of using top plates before going that route. If you off road or plan to, I'd avoid spacers.

If you do a suspension lift, meaning new coils, then you'll want to replace the shocks because the stock shocks aren't valved properly to dampen a stiffer lift coil.

Also, at 3" of lift, you should think about new UCA's to get your alignment in check.

3. May 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    In the front yes with a spacer but trust everyone when we all say do not run a spacer lift...and you can't on the rear because there not long enough... My advice is if you want a good long lasting great riding/performing truck on and Offroad get a full OME kit with 885 springs and top plate spacers.... Will cost about 900-1100 for a complete top of the line suspension...... Cheaper but still good way to go is with bilstein 5100 shocks front and rear with eibach or OME springs up front and an add-a-leaf out back = 500-800.... Or if you wanna be a baller and have 3k to spend icon,fox,king ext coilovers wit resi shox out back and Allpro leaf packs ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top