1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock vs 16x9 vs 16x8...how much do they stick out?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Priddle, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Aug 24, 2010 at 4:21 AM
    Priddle

Priddle [OP] And now for something completely different....

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    Hey all

I am picking up a 07 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab SR5 on Friday. I expect to be getting 5100's up front set to at least 1.75". I want to get wheels for it as well. I really like the ATX Artillerys. Those are 16x9, 4.5" BS w/ -12mm offset and a 108mm bore.

My local wheel shop told me that those wheels may stick out too much for my liking, like close to 2inches. A 16x8 wheel with a 4.5" BS and a 0mm offset likely would not stick out but I'd have more wheel options if I could consider 16x9's.

For those running a wheel with those specs, do they stick out enough to flick road water up on the hood or that you can see when driving? How much would they stick out compared to the stock SR5 rims? How does one calculate how far an aftermarket rim would stick out compared to a stock rim? The SR5 rim is a 16x7.5 with a 5.25" BS and a +32mm offset if my research is correct.

Also, those rims and many others have a 108mm bore. The Tacoma has a 106mm hub. Some people say Tacomas are hub centric, others say lug centric. I think my 03 Tacoma I have now is lug centric...the lugs fit into the lug holes nice and snug. I am just wondering if I would need hub centric rings with any 108mm wheel? 1010tire has them but not for a 108 to 106.

Thanks for any help on this

Products Discussed in

To Top