1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stolen Bicycle :(

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Adventurous, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Jun 30, 2016 at 5:33 PM
    Adventurous

Adventurous [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    15 DCLB SR5
    I know some of you guys ride, perhaps you can keep an eye out for my now former bicycle. Kinda heartbroken at the moment. :(

I know it's a long shot but I just had my brand new 2016 Yeti SB5 Enduro stolen off of the back of my truck in the work parking lot here in Lakewood 6/30/16 @ 1:25 pm. Only 6 rides on it, the two of us were just becoming acquainted. It's the first new bike I've been able to afford in a decade so this especially hurts.

Black in color. E.13 TRS front tire, Specialized Slaughter rear. Race face sixc handlebar with a Thomson elite stem. XT pedals but stock otherwise.

Rewards will be furnished to the person who goes elbow (both) deep in the thieves asshole then unravels their colon and lynches them with the entrails.

YetiSB5 Enduro.jpg

mlcc, j0shu4 and redtacoma88 like this.
  2. Jun 30, 2016 at 5:35 PM
    Rawlins

Rawlins Clandestine Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Sand Pearl DCSB TRD-OR
    Full RCI Trail Armor, 3" Toytec Lift, TC UCAs
    Man, so sorry to hear that. I will keep an eye out for ya. Best of luck to you in recovering her.

3. Jun 30, 2016 at 7:43 PM
    kashtyaatsi

kashtyaatsi DieselDub

Member:
    First Name:
    Asher
    Bitterroot, MT
    Vehicle:
    LPC's
    Broken
    That sucks dude. People are scum.

4. Jun 30, 2016 at 7:44 PM
    Deathbysnusnu

Deathbysnusnu Work is just a daily detour to happy hour.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Fort Crawlins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Vintage Tundra
    Dog, camper.
    :(
    That sucks.

5. Jun 30, 2016 at 7:45 PM
    redtacoma88

redtacoma88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John Austin
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    See Build Page...
    Shit dude. I hate thieves. Hope it shows up man

6. Jun 30, 2016 at 7:46 PM
    digitaLbraVo

digitaLbraVo Derka Derka

Member:
    Covered in stickers and chrome stick-ons for extra horse torques and foot powers. Icon sticker gets me tons of travel, dozens of milimeters.
    Keep a close eye on pawn shops (hope you reported it stolen) and craigslist.

7. Jun 30, 2016 at 7:47 PM
    Toynado

Toynado Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    EXTERIOR: Toytec Boss 2.0 Dakar CS047R Leaf Springs Tailpipe chopped Pelfreybilt Front full hoop front bumper w/ Pelfrey fairlead Pelfreybilt Rear standard bumper Pelfreybilt Aluminum IFS, Mid, Rear (exhaust reroute) & Gas tank skids Pelfreybilt Fuseplate w/ 12 circuit fuse block All-Pro Apex Sliders ProComp 7036 17"x9" -6 offset BFG 275/70R/17 KO2's Warn VR10000-S winch Baja Designs S8 light bar & Squadron sports amber pods in front bumper Baja Designs S2 flush pods in rear bumper Baja Designs Squadron Pro amber pods on Caliraised ditch light brackets @rrentrop reflective black tailgate inserts RSI LED's for regular & high beams Prinsu Cabrac Custom Tradesman Truck Top by Access Manufacturing w/ Powertank 8"propane tank mount & Yakima tracks on the roof INTERIOR: Warrior Products door sill protectors Husky Weather Beater floor mats front & rear Coverking arid multicam seat covers in the front Midland 75-822 CB w/ 4' Firestick antenna on C4 Fabrication tailgate mount Consolevault Hondo Garage iPhone mount
    F'in hate thieves! Hope you got renter's or home owner's insurance. I had one bike stolen out of an apartment and another fall off my old Jeep and someone picked it up off the side of the freeway before I could get to the next off ramp and circle around to grab it. Both times it worked out good because of the insurance.

Pabloeeto likes this.
  8. Jun 30, 2016 at 7:51 PM
    ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    1996 4x4
    That sucks dude. Nothing worse than some piece of garbage stealing what you spent hard-earned money on.

9. Jun 30, 2016 at 7:59 PM
    Pabloeeto

Pabloeeto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    K&N filter, 3.5 Aux input mod, Fox 2.0 Coilovers, Fox 2.0 Resi Shocks, Element UCAs, Old Man Emu Dakar Leaf pack.
    Damn dude that sucks, that bike is tits. I had mine stolen from my garage, Renters insurance covered the loss but it still hurts.

10. Jun 30, 2016 at 8:12 PM
    j0shu4

j0shu4 98 TRD 4x4, 3.4 Turbo, Full LT, Fully Locked

Member:
    Vehicle:
    98 TRD, Turbo, 3.4L, 4x4, LT
    Turbo, Fiberglass, Full Long Travel, Lockers, T100 axle, King Shocks
    Was it locked? How long was it sitting in the back of your truck?

tomwil likes this.
  11. Jun 30, 2016 at 9:09 PM
    Adventurous

Adventurous [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    15 DCLB SR5
    Thanks fellas. My homeowner's insurance will compensate for some of the loss however my deductible is $2K, so either way I'm gonna be getting it dry unless someone takes pity on me.

It was locked on a Thule T2 bike rack using the integrated lock. It looks like they just forced the thing open, I'm not sure if the lock jumped a few notches but they were able to get it off. I came back from lunch at shortly after 1pm and my buddy just happened to be standing outside when the dude rolled by @ 1:25pm ish. It didn't register with him immediately but he ran up to my truck and called me shortly thereafter. We canvased the area for an hour or so after the fact but no signs of the guy.

Security at work was pulling video footage from the cameras as there were probably 3 or 4 along his way through the facility. They said they will provide the shots to the police but the Lakewood Police department website is very clear that filing a report for theft is for insurance purposes only and will not result in additional investigation.

At this point I have more or less accepted that it is gone forever. I'm going to keep checking Craigslist and any sites I can think of but sadly I think I'm SOL on this one.

12. Jun 30, 2016 at 9:19 PM
    Markcal

Markcal Well-Known Member

Member:
    Would it be possible to get screen shots from the video camera, maybe enhance it and try to go viral with it, to every possible news outlet? Hope they got his license plate or a clear head shot driving. I hope they find your bike with the thief who stole it too.

13. Jun 30, 2016 at 9:26 PM
    QMEDJoe

QMEDJoe Proverbs 3:5-6

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 black DLX Tacoma,5VZ-FE,5 speed,4x4.
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0’s in the rear, Total Chaos UCA’s, Al-lpro expo leafs, K&N cold air intake, TRD headers,Magnaflow catback exhaust,URD short throw shifter, switched out my 60/40 bench seat for some Tacoma Limited seats, Replaced the vinyl shift boot for a leather one, completely soundproofed the cab w/ Frost King. Replaced stock radio with a Pioneer AVH series head unit. Focal component system w/a 10" sub powered by 2 Alpine amps. Weathertech floor mats. Line-X'd the bed. SCS Ray 10’s, Installed an A.R.E. MX series camper shell. All-Pro Apex front bumper w/ All-Pro skid plates all the way back to the Trans. Low Range fuel skid plate.
    That's such a sweet bike! So sorry to hear bro. I'm in the same boat as you, except I STILL can't afford it.. Its too bad they don't have anything you could purchase that has a chip so you could find it like if your dog ran away.

14. Jun 30, 2016 at 9:28 PM
    Markcal

Member:
    Do they make anything like lo-jack for bicycles or motorcycles or are they only for cars?

15. Jun 30, 2016 at 9:29 PM
    QMEDJoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0’s in the rear, Total Chaos UCA’s, Al-lpro expo leafs, K&N cold air intake, TRD headers,Magnaflow catback exhaust,URD short throw shifter, switched out my 60/40 bench seat for some Tacoma Limited seats, Replaced the vinyl shift boot for a leather one, completely soundproofed the cab w/ Frost King. Replaced stock radio with a Pioneer AVH series head unit. Focal component system w/a 10" sub powered by 2 Alpine amps. Weathertech floor mats. Line-X'd the bed. SCS Ray 10’s, Installed an A.R.E. MX series camper shell. All-Pro Apex front bumper w/ All-Pro skid plates all the way back to the Trans. Low Range fuel skid plate.
    I know its a long shot but does Thule have some type of guarantee on their product. Perhaps they'll compensate you some or all of the value being that their product didn't do what it was intended to do.

16. Jun 30, 2016 at 9:30 PM
    QMEDJoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    I'm not sure but they should and if they don't there's a million dollar idea!

CO MTN Steve likes this.
  17. Jun 30, 2016 at 9:31 PM
    Markcal

Member:
    I doubt that, unless his product was defective in the design or manufacture.

18. Jun 30, 2016 at 9:33 PM
    Markcal

Member:
    Either that or paint the bike pink, with those twirler things on the handle bars.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    QMEDJoe[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Jul 1, 2016 at 8:56 AM
    Trucko

Trucko Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Summit County Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    arb bull bar Smittybulit 9.5 winch topper shell with yakima basket piaa lights toytec boss coilovers Dakar leaf pack with boss shocks 28/75/16 bfg at ko2 Midland CB Home made trailer with CVT Mount Rainer tent and max coupler hitch
    sorry man FUCK BIKE THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Markcal likes this.
  20. Jul 1, 2016 at 9:04 AM
    Mr.PowerTrays

Mr.PowerTrays Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 dcsb trd or
    ill keep a look out in summit county and boulder area! ive got a yeti myself and have fucked people up for a lot less!

Products Discussed in

To Top