1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

stolen CAT, almost

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by t33gee, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Feb 10, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    t33gee

t33gee [OP] aka Tg

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner
    k and n CAI, magnaflow exhaust, NOS
    was leaving work one day. started my truck up sounded like shit, like a mad exhaust leak. figured id just drive it home rather then check it out at work ( i only live a few miles from my work). get home look under the truck and this is what i see.

the mil came on that night while i was drivin to a friends house. i heard about people stealing cats off of tacomas but didint believe it till it happened to me.

welded it up mil went off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Feb 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    ERIC

ERIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Impulse Red TRD PreRunner SOLD
    Pioneer double din navi head unit and four 5x7 alpine speakers, westin light bar, procomp lights, head and tail lights, black billet grille, billet antienna, gibson headers and cat back exhaust, afe cold air, uni chip programmer, Bilstein 5100's, Pro comp wheels and tires, tint, blacked out emblems, innu roof rack, yakima basket, foglight mod...
    WOW epic fail! who cuts CATS off and only cuts it half off hahah good for you though those things are costly

3. Feb 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    t33gee

t33gee [OP] aka Tg

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner
    k and n CAI, magnaflow exhaust, NOS
    ya i wasnt to upset it was an easy fix. i was more like wtf, a little confused. ha

4. Feb 10, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    izquik72

izquik72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern AZ
    Vehicle:
    2002 SR5 DCSB 4x4
    shell, grey wire, turn signal relocate bumper ordered lift OME ordered
    I had the same thing happen to me. Still need to get it welded though I have just been using Exhaust puddy. It works for about 6 months then re-apply.

5. Feb 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    Maybe you came outside just as he was mid cut? Or at least someone did

6. Feb 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    SalemCBR

SalemCBR Oregon's #2 TW rep

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Elock PreR
    Deck plate, all time auxillary, black billet, xeon bulbs, sockmonkey decals, and lots of back to black.
    Woah! that really sucks! Do you work nights or something? That seems like it'd be loud. HE/She prolly got spooked and rolled right on out of there before the job was finished. Glad you still got your cat! If that happened to me and I lost my cat I don't think I'd even b uy another one. (no DEQ here.)

Thanks for the pictures

I've heard of people stealing cats but not spacificly off tacomas? anyone know why? just a little higher off the ground?

7. Feb 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    Blackened Taco

Blackened Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC 4WD TRD Sport Tacoma Speedway Blue
    3 inch suspension lift, 16 inch TRD FJ Cruiser black alloys, 33 X 12.5/16 Swamper Trxus M/T, Line-Xed Toyota skid plate, TRD exhaust, TRD cold air intake, Full tint to match factory tint, In channel wind deflectors, Custom wired hidden XM, Black shorty antenna, Black background headlights, Sockmonkey TRD decals, Kenwood 5120 HU with navigation, Boston Acoustic SL60 front compnonent speakers, SL65 rear speakers, Grillcraft lower mesh grille, Black badging, AromorTech Offroad rear bumper and rear shackle flip kit Access tonnosprt cover, 12 volt power adapter wired in under the dash for standard plug in items. Recently added Devil Horn Toyota Logo, Thanks Andres.
    Check with your insurance company to get a new cat, that is considered vandalism. We replace them all the time due theft/vandalism.

Products Discussed in

To Top