1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

streaks down door..

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by metrick1215, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Oct 19, 2013 at 7:20 PM
    metrick1215

metrick1215 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Clayton, GA
    First Responder Light LED Dome Light NightShade Tail Light Constant On Cig Lighter DDM Tuning HID 6000K Polk Audio 6x9 in front, Polk 6 3/4 in rear Tint Windows 20% Debadged Cruise Control Relocated Horn Painted grill to match bumper 885 Reverse Lights Pioneer 3500BHS
    Ive tried the search function but i cant find what im looking for...

Everytime i wash my truck it looks great..for a day.. then i start to see some streaks down the side of the doors and i see them down the back window.. its almost like its just water streaks but it doesnt come off with just a rinse.. (even after a wax) it almost seems like its coming from the rubber on the door and around the windows of the truck.. No streaks on hood, fenders, or bed...

any way i can prevent this or stop it from doing it to begin with..

2. Oct 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Try turtle wax ice car wash. Also get some spray detailer and wipe down your truck with it and a microfiber cloth and you should be good

3. Oct 19, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    NorCalTRD

NorCalTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 Indigo Ink DCLB TRD Sport V6
    40% Front Tint, Viper 5704 Alarm, Steel Cable Dog Tie, Super Sexy Driver Mod
    certain spots are notorious for leakin water after a wash. Like the mirrors and the edges of the bed that wrap over the painted metal.

4. Oct 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 Aka: "RainbowPuke"

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    "More than you can afford pal, TACOMA" WeatherTech Floor liners (front and rear), AVS vent visors, OEM Bed Mat, TRD (oiled) air filter, OEM Front Skidplate, OEM bed extender brackets, black plasti dipped grill emblem, ultragauge plus model, remote start, reese hitch, Grom Ipod interface, quickfists on custom bedrail mount to hold axe/shovel, EBC stage 5 super street brake kit, rokblokz mud flaps, superbrightleds map and dome LED lights (warm white), rear diff breather relocation mod, redline tuning Elite stainless hood struts, AFE Mach Force XP 2.5" stainless catback, Ionic Soft Trifold Tonneau, pop&lock, OEM LED tail lights, 35watt reverse light mod, full synthetic fluids, and STEEKERS Adding 4pin receiver harness, an unmolested OEM bumper with tow package hitch, painting afe tip flat black
    I see the same thing on my father's white tacoma. I just wash in crack of the access cab windows really good an get in there with a soft brush makes it a little better but i'm pretty sure it is the coating of the edge of the glass and the sealant that holds the window in. I have not found a solution i just clean and clean.

5. Oct 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    "More than you can afford pal, TACOMA" WeatherTech Floor liners (front and rear), AVS vent visors, OEM Bed Mat, TRD (oiled) air filter, OEM Front Skidplate, OEM bed extender brackets, black plasti dipped grill emblem, ultragauge plus model, remote start, reese hitch, Grom Ipod interface, quickfists on custom bedrail mount to hold axe/shovel, EBC stage 5 super street brake kit, rokblokz mud flaps, superbrightleds map and dome LED lights (warm white), rear diff breather relocation mod, redline tuning Elite stainless hood struts, AFE Mach Force XP 2.5" stainless catback, Ionic Soft Trifold Tonneau, pop&lock, OEM LED tail lights, 35watt reverse light mod, full synthetic fluids, and STEEKERS Adding 4pin receiver harness, an unmolested OEM bumper with tow package hitch, painting afe tip flat black
    It is really bad after a hard couple of rains but by then it is time for a wash anyway lol.

6. Oct 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    metrick1215

metrick1215 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Clayton, GA
    First Responder Light LED Dome Light NightShade Tail Light Constant On Cig Lighter DDM Tuning HID 6000K Polk Audio 6x9 in front, Polk 6 3/4 in rear Tint Windows 20% Debadged Cruise Control Relocated Horn Painted grill to match bumper 885 Reverse Lights Pioneer 3500BHS
    This is my first white vehicle so it may have always happened to me (first toyota was grey, second was dark blue, honda was green) I just hate how noticable it is.. I will try the Spray detailer next time.. i need to give it a good waxing before winter gets here...

7. Oct 19, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I don't see it as much on my indigo ink pearl (dark blue) but i can feel it is there. It happens. I just carry a bottle of mother's quick detailer for bird crap anyway and it removes it without any residue or hassle.

To Top