1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Strut Tower Studs

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by 65tacodude, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jun 9, 2010 at 6:11 AM
    65tacodude

65tacodude [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Manteno, IL
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tundra Platnium
    OEM running boards and roof rack. Yellow fog bulbs and WeatherTech mats and window visors.
    Anybody have any strut tower studs laying around for a second gen? These are the upper studs that hold the strut assy in the chassis. It doesnt matter if they are the longer ones or shorter. Snapped one last night and have a feeling the dealer is going to make me by the upper cup plate. Thanks

2. Jun 9, 2010 at 6:21 AM
    Austin78

Austin78 Member

Member:
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    K&N Intake, Flow Master Dual Exhaust, I-pod Interface Kit Revtek 3" lift/leveling kit 265/75r16 BFG AT
    I just put in a revtek 3" lift last night and I have the six oem studds. How did you snap one?

3. Jun 9, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    65tacodude

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Manteno, IL
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tundra Platnium
    OEM running boards and roof rack. Yellow fog bulbs and WeatherTech mats and window visors.
    I was reinstalling my struts and torqueing them down( to the proper torque) and SNAP. Just effing pissed me off. If you want to get rid of those studs, I'll take all six....

4. Jun 9, 2010 at 6:41 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I have some but Wheelers Offroad sells a whole set of extended length ones for $15.
    Here's the link:

5. Jun 9, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    65tacodude

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Manteno, IL
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tundra Platnium
    Cool thanks! I only snapped the one. Dont really need the extended length ones anymore but hell ill get what i can. Thanks for the link. Ill just get those.

6. Jun 9, 2010 at 7:23 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    Your welcome. You may also consider this opportunity to put in a 1/4" spacer ($20) for lean or even 1/2" ($60 but include studs) spacers for a little extra lift.

7. Jun 9, 2010 at 7:35 AM
    65tacodude

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Manteno, IL
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tundra Platnium
    I tried putting the 1/4" one in on the driver side for the "lean" but it wouldnt budge anymore to get the strut in. I know its a fight but the spring was hitting the UCA and i said eff it, i can live with a 1/2" lean. Course thats measuring with 3/4 tank full of fuel

Products Discussed in

To Top