1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sub-compact tractor recommendations

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by MDFM31, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Dec 15, 2020 at 9:44 AM
    MDFM31

MDFM31 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chester Co, PA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCSBOR
    With less than 190 hours on it, I think my Cub XT3 transmission might be cooked from hauling all of the wood that I do. If that turns out to be the case, I'll need to jump on a new tractor pretty quickly. I'm considering a sub-compact because I don't know if another garden tractor would survive.

I have 2 acres that need to be mowed (belly mower) and a lot of trees that keep falling, hence the pulling wood all over the place. We may also move to a larger property at some point, so I'd like to think I wouldn't need another tractor then.

These 190 hours took 5 years to get, so I like to think a good sub-compact could last my lifetime or close to it.

I'm looking for recommendations from anyone that has one. I'm partial to Kubota because I used to run a compact at a farm I worked at. I also saw that Bobcat has a free front end loader deal if you buy your unit all up front. They appear to be made in south Korea. A lot of reviews I have seen suggest all sub-compacts are pretty good and pretty similar.

TIA for any suggestions!

uploadadventure and six5crèéd like this.
  2. Dec 15, 2020 at 9:46 AM
    six5crèéd

six5crèéd Go fish.

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce, or Crèéd, neither is correct.
    Southern Virginia
    uploadadventure likes this.
  3. Dec 15, 2020 at 10:13 AM
    uploadadventure

uploadadventure It’s all @ColoradoTJ’s fault

Member:
    Dixon, Mo
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue Tacoma TRD OR (sold) 05 Duramax
    I work for John Deere as a maintenance tech working on their small compact tractors.
    I’m fairly new at this side of the house (worked on trucks before this) but I know that JD has some good stuff going on with their sub compacts. I’m not sure what your budget is but if you do this route I’d spend the money (buy once cry once) and get a 2/3 series R tractor.

We use to sell Kubota at our dealership so I can get you some insite on their new stuff if you’d like too, I personally, haven’t worked on their stuff though.

six5crèéd likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top