1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sub Mounting Depth?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bowhuntingaddict, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Feb 24, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    bowhuntingaddict

bowhuntingaddict [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was wondering how deep of a sub everyone is fitting in there double cabs. If you could list the sub, mounting depth, and what box you have, that would be great.

2. Feb 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    ThreeMan

ThreeMan Opinions Vary...

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    JL 13TW5 with a depth of 2.54" in a custom box made by me. Depending on thickness of MDF, sub excursion, and removing the seat back panel, around 6"-6.5" is right at the absolute limit. Might be able to squeeze another 1/2" if you use a fiber glass back. Do some digging the answers are out there.

3. Feb 24, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    bowhuntingaddict

bowhuntingaddict [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks, yeh thats what I been doing, but sometimes I get a little tired of "surfing" and tend to be one of those guys that puts posts up that are already out there.

4. Feb 24, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    mrmumbels

mrmumbels Well-Known Member

Member:
    Land O Lakes, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner
    none
    2 IDQ12s

5.8" deep

audio enhancers box

5. Feb 24, 2011 at 4:08 PM
    Yota_dvl

Yota_dvl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Central Utah
    Vehicle:
    03' Ext cab 4x4
    SAS KIT - trail-gear 5" lift alcan springs greasable shackels gears front 410 rear 411 Kicker subs 3,000 mile drive to Alaska, 3,000 back "Mod" rear diff breather
    kicker cvx - i did 14 inches the bigger the louder :D
    -though a buddy of mine told me that installs them "for what ever size sub divide by 2 then + 2 = total what should be good
    Example 12" sub / 2 = 6 + 2 = 8 inches of mounting depth minimum
    .... checkup on http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/box_wizard.asp they can help you figure volume so you can know how big you want it with it the subs limit to sound good

6. Feb 25, 2011 at 12:21 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    2 IDQ v3 10" subs... not enough airspace for 12" versions and I'm actually a little short on airspace since my amp is on my sub box.

7. Feb 25, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    tommelleo22

tommelleo22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Castle, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport off road
    Yellow Fogs kicker cvr 10's alpine ivaw205 head unit, leveling kit
    audio enhancers box mounting depth is 5-7/8" and i just traded in my fosgate p2's for JBL gto10's which are far better imho. they slam but are acoustical woofers so they sound "good" not just rattle your truck apart.

Products Discussed in

To Top