1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sub options without sacrificing access cab storage

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Gilbe231, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Jan 30, 2018 at 6:44 PM
    Gilbe231

Gilbe231 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Two Rivers WI
    Vehicle:
    2005 black Tacoma access cab trd off road
    I've been browsing for awhile and came up with a couple different options, I would really appreciate any advice, input, and pictures on this.

I'm wondering what the best way to install a sub in an 05 access cab without sacrificing storage and still be able to flip the seats up and down freely. I was looking at under the seat mounts (passenger seat), as well as maybe mounting in between the back seats. The options I've been looking at is the ssl lopro 10, the rockville rw10ca, and the pioneer ts-sw 10in shallow mount (I don't know if it will fit under the seats or even between the seats, I'm also concerned about how it would look in between the seats). Im not looking for crazy bass, but enough that I won't be laughed at for bumping (enough to shake the mirrors) Thank you all for your time!

2. Jan 31, 2018 at 3:26 AM
    robupstateny

robupstateny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2003 Lunar Mist Tacoma DLX
    Gray wire mod, Gentex 177 mirror, cupholder from @bradrn22, custom dog seat., AJT Design shift knob., Cb install
  3. Feb 17, 2018 at 10:25 PM
    Wctaco

Wctaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Carlsbad ca.
    Vehicle:
    2008 white trd
    2017 sport wheels, snugtop with Yakima racks, sound system.
    I just had this installed in my 2008 access cab. The box I ordered from super crew sound $150. The 8”sub is a CDT QES-820 $150 I got that from woofers etc. ask for Joshua he helped me with my whole system. He is very knowledgeable with the CDT speakers. He sold me a Focal 900x1 amp to drive the sub and had me wire it in series so your getting 500watts of really clean power. It sounds unreal. When I installed all the other CDTs tweets mids and woofers I was hoping to do without a sub. It sounded great but went with this sub set up and couldn’t be happier. If you go on CDT audios website they have a anniversary package that has $1000 set up for $500. I did a similar setup but added 2” mid tweeters,and used 6x9s instead of 6.5s. If I would have know I was going to add the sub I would have just stock with the anniversary package. Josh at woofer ect. Sold me a sundown amp to run the other speakers. I left stock speakers in back for know and power them with my pioneer 4201 nex. Will switch them with cdt coaxils later. I didn’t do any of the install I found a guy on Craigslist and he did a unreal job It’s a bit more then I wanted to spend but god a deal on most everything and will never have to upgrade. Also when the guy did the install he used sound Deading in both doors and the makes a big difference. If your not experienced with hooking something like this up I would shop around for someone to do it. I stream Spotify and music I don’t even like even sounds great. 1AE85DD8-F48C-4F76-84D1-9C8EA98B8859.jpg42854C2C-A15F-43C0-875F-245591974D21.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top