1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

supercharged 5VZ-FE start and run, no Idle

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 95 taco, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Jul 25, 2018 at 6:25 PM
    95 taco

95 taco [OP] Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    I bought a '99 T4R with the Grey 1st gen TRD S/C, it ran but it had a knock sensor code so I replaced both sensors and harness, as well as the fuel injectors, put it back together and the code is gone but I had 2 injectors on the passenger bank that were leaking, pulled the S/C and replaced the seals and they're good to go.

Ran it in the yard and it was rough running, very low/rough idle to the point where it died out, it also didn't have power above 2500 RPM, and after 3 pulls In the yard it caught on fire.
    I put it out quickly, put it back in the shop and pulled the supercharger, the nuts that hold either end of the S/C on had not been re-installed so I assumed that the 3 bolts were not enough to seal the boost and that's where the air/fuel came from for the fire. I pulled the S/C anyway and no fire damage to anything.

I put everything back together and it still idles rough, no CEL's, and it smooths out above 1500 RPM so I'm wondering if I have another Injector (Or injectors) leaking fuel, however I don't smell any fuel after running it for 20-40 seconds.
    What I find so odd is it that when you start it up it fires almost immediately and idles up to 1200 plus RPM for 2-3 seconds and then drops below 500.

Products Discussed in

To Top